First post op - no fill needed!!

kbagnell
on 4/8/11 8:23 am - Bristol, Canada
Today I saw my surgeon for the first time since I was banded on Feb. 18.  I have lost 29 pounds and am off all of my diabetes medication.  Dr. Atlas said that I am precisely where I should be and no fill was required.  I'll see him again in 3 months unless I become really hungry or stop losing weight.  He said some patients NEVER need a fill.  I am absolutely thrilled with this result.  When I told him he changed my life he responded with "No, Madam, YOU have changed your life".  I am extremely proud of myself tonight.  Thanks to everyone who offers positive advice and inspiration on OH.
steelerfan1
on 4/8/11 9:04 am, edited 4/8/11 9:05 am
wtg 29 pounds is awesome and skipping a fill that is a double celebration right there :o)

I haven't had a fill yet either and I'm 4.5 months post op.  There is a handful of us gals and guys that has never had a fill at my docs office.

This one guy that spoke to us at our Feb support group meeting he went 2 1/2 yrs and got his first fill the day he spoke to us at support group.

He motivated me so much by what he said its kept me going also .

Keep up the great work !!!! I'm skipping my May 2nd appt with my doc.  I have already lost four of the six I need to lose and I still have almost 3 weeks left to get the other 2- 3 pounds off so I'm not worried and I'm not hungry either so I wont see my doc till June unless something very drastic happens.

I'm so proud of you !!!!!!  Keep the great work and the determination and you might be one of the those that dont need a fill either :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/11 9:07 am - Des Moines, IA
Congrats to you!  Sounds like you are doing great!
Jshivery
on 4/8/11 11:05 am
Revision on 03/10/16
kbagnell
on 4/8/11 11:38 pm - Bristol, Canada
I'm so sorry that you're having difficulty with hunger.  While I haven't been hungry that never stopped me before so I am keeping a food journal and now realize that the grazing was what was keeping me back. 

I am eating plenty such as oatmeal for breakfast, hummus, melba toast and yoghurt for lunch, sometimes tuna or salmon instead, dinner last night was a small piece of bbq steak, 1/2 baked potato and steamed brussel sprouts and cauliflower.  I also drink vanilla soy milk and frigging tons of crystal light.

I found if I didn't eat enough at meals I was grazing all day.  I understand your concern and wish you good luck!  Eat lots of beans too.  Last week I made weigh****chers chili.  It helped EVERYTHING if you know what I mean.  ;)
mommieof3kidz
on 4/8/11 2:38 pm, edited 4/8/11 2:46 pm - Coos Bay, OR
WTG! I was banded the day before you and I too lost 29lbs (since surgery day) at my 1st post-op visit (6 weeks). My Dr did not give me a fill either. He scheduled to see me in another 6 weeks (4.5 weeks from now).

Keep up the great work!!

TANYA 
Banded - 02/17/2011 * HW - 210 * BW - 207 * CW - 135 * GW - 130 (happy where I am)
NO Pre-Op Diet - ALL Weight Lost Has Been Since WLS!!!
NO Fills Given - Working With An EMPTY Band * Updated 02/19/2012
BA - 12/16/2011 - Large A to DD's :)

steelerfan1
on 4/8/11 10:48 pm
congrats Mommie !! You two ladies are kicking butt right now :o) Keep up the awesome work !!!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Evelyn M.
on 4/8/11 11:38 pm - United Kingdom
Excellent! WTG to a healthier life! Congratulations :)
Roll on weight loss!

Most Active