possible slip or esophageal dialation

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 4/10/11 3:08 am - Alamosa, CO
Last Saturday I ate some food that was way too spicey and while I ried to keep it down, I threw up about an hour and a half after eating it.  After vomitting I felt better for about an hour, but then all night my stomach hurt, not like upset stomach but pain.  The next day I had this radiating pain under the right side of my rib cage, maybe where my diaphragm lies.  It came and went and by the next day I was feeling better.  I didn't eat food again until Monday evening and it went down well.  Then occasionally throughout the week I had slight pain in the same area, sometimes worse than others, but not constant.  Then yesterday, I ate some ground beef, and cheese, maybe a half cup, but probably less, and about an hour and a half later, I was having the same pain.  Not as bad as before, and no burning, but my stomach seemed to be spasming.  I was unfortunatly at a recital and had to leave half way through and almost vomitted in the parking lot.  I had to wait for my family in the car, and so I contorted myself by twisting myself around and suddenly I felt much better.  It was totally sudden, and then I could breath and drink water.  I am worried about this... I live about 5 hours from my surgeon and rather than make an appointment I thought I would ask here first to see if anyone else has had this happen.  I need some advise please.
Thanks All!
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

psychomom
on 4/10/11 5:03 am - China Grove, NC
Do you have your gallbladder ? Sounds like a GB attack to me .  That is how mine did when I had attacks . I would call your Dr and run all this by them and see what they think.

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 4/10/11 5:19 am - Alamosa, CO
OK WOW!  I just did a quick google search on gallbladder attacks and the symptoms are almost exact!  I will call my surgeon and my pp and see what we can do.  Thanks! 

Anyone else have any advice? 
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

michele1
on 4/10/11 7:00 am
Revision on 07/07/15
If I have pain from the band it is on the left under my rib where I suppose the neck of the stomach is.........I agree it sounds like gallbladder if the pain is on the right.....glad you are going to get it checked out keep us posted.

Michele
Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 4/12/11 6:16 am - Alamosa, CO
Update:  Went to my GP, he also thinks gall stones!  Did blood work and got the results and I have an ultra sound on Friday morning.  So we shall see.  I am so grateful it was not my band!
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/11 7:34 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA

This does not sound like Lap Band "related" vomiting, you just don't vomit with the band unless you are way too tight OR, if you eat too fast or get food stuck -- and you will KNOW the difference between lap band vomiting (PBing) does not make you feel sick or ill it's just a burp of what you've eaten too quickly, I agree it may be gall bladder related or some other illness.

Most Active