My bandiversary (a day late...)

pam57
on 4/9/11 12:28 pm - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 Congratulations, you are doing awesome and are a real inspiration to those of us who are still at the beginning of our journey.  Wow, a 5K, that is incredible. 

Take care

Pam

AlittleFaith
on 4/11/11 10:12 am - Pasadena, CA
Well, it was mostly walking... :P I just know a year ago when they held the same 5k four days before I was banded there was NO way I could have done it, even walking. So it was surely a SV and an NSV all rolled into one.

Keep plugging along, you're doing great!
Information stage: 281 pounds
One week pre-op: 268
Two weeks post-op: 253
Current: 218 (I only weigh when I go to the doctor!)
Goal: somewhere in the "normal" range of 139 to 174. We'll see when I get there!
First fill: 2.5 ccs (5/26/10); Second fill: 1 cc (6/28/10); Third fill: 1cc (8/4/10); 4th fill: .5ccs ; slight unfill: .25ccs (11/3/10) = (4.75ccs total)
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind..."
Lisa O.
on 4/10/11 1:19 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Happy 1 year, Faith!
I've been around long enough to remember the very beginning of your journey!  Your success needs to be shared.  There are hundreds of newbies every day that need to see the good, (along with the bad) and if the bad shines through more than the many, many success stories, the newbies aren't getting the whole story!  Come back, post often.  I miss you and there are many that neet to read your honest, practical and very motivating story!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

AlittleFaith
on 4/11/11 10:16 am - Pasadena, CA
YOU were the one who got me to go take care of my gallbladder issue! I didn't include it in my year update because I don't know that it had anything to do with weight loss for sure, but I remember you telling me to get my butt to the ER and I am SO glad you did! So if I never said thanks before, I'm saying it now. 

I guess I just want the crap to stop. I *get* that people have had bad experiences and I honestly wish they didn't and were more like us, but we shouldn't be made to feel bad or that we're defective because our experiences weren't... that's all.

Glad to be back, honestly. Good to see you're well, too. I know you were having some troubles, too (non WLS surgery related, if memory serves) and I truly hope you're well.
Information stage: 281 pounds
One week pre-op: 268
Two weeks post-op: 253
Current: 218 (I only weigh when I go to the doctor!)
Goal: somewhere in the "normal" range of 139 to 174. We'll see when I get there!
First fill: 2.5 ccs (5/26/10); Second fill: 1 cc (6/28/10); Third fill: 1cc (8/4/10); 4th fill: .5ccs ; slight unfill: .25ccs (11/3/10) = (4.75ccs total)
"I only live for today, but I'm one day behind..."
Lisa O.
on 4/12/11 1:49 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Oh, well, I'm glad you got rid of your GB!  It's amazing how much pain such a little organ can cause!

I got rid of my Uterus in October and now things are great!  I'm healthy and aside from a little weight gain during the holidays I'm happy.  I've addressed the weight gain and am back where I was before Thanksgiving, but I'm still 6 lbs above my lowest post surgery weight.  Oh well, it's a life long process, just as any thin person.  No matter what, they have to watch what they eat and exercise too!

Just ignore or block those that feel they have to negatively share their sad stories.  Most of the time it's HOW they say if that gets our hackles up, not WHAT they are saying.  E-mail is a tough way to deliver an emotion and usually not a very good way to deliver passion becuase it's always misunderstood. 

I'm glad you're back!

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active