Personal/Surprising NSV

Christina M.
on 4/10/11 11:44 am, edited 4/10/11 11:57 am
I went out last night with a bunch of my friends to a bar to hear a local band.  I go out pretty often and I always have a good time. Even at my heaviest, I had a pretty confident outer shell.  But when I came home last night, I realized how much I've changed in the past year.

Whenever, pre weight loss, someone asked me to dance, or seemed to be hitting on me, I was so hesitant.  I immediately thought that it was a bet with his friends to see who could get the "fat chick" to dance.  I was always waiting for the punchline.  I would often blow guys off from my OWN fear of rejection, not anyones negative actions.

Last night was so different.  It has slowly been happening, but I had the realization when I got home.  I danced with three different guys last night and was chatted up by a few others, and never did I once consider that I was the joke of the night amongst a group of guys.  I also realized that if I hear a comment as I walk by I don't always assume it's about me and that it was a negative comment like I would have in the past. Then I realized that not only my dress size has changed. 

I had really tried to convince myself that the weightloss was only effecting my physical self, not my personality.  I guess I lied to myself by believing that being overweight didn't effect my life negatively. Sure, it was harder to travel, harder to get up the courage to dance on a mostly empty dancefloor, but I still did it anyway.  Now, I'm slowly starting to learn to fit in with the norm instead of standing out in every crowd and being comfortable with that.

Thanks everyone for reading.  I thought some of you may understand. 

sesmith
on 4/10/11 12:02 pm
 You have lost a whole person and gained a whole person. What a wonderful post.
babynurse1217
on 4/10/11 12:04 pm - NC
Thanks for sharing that and congrats on all you have accomplished! 

sherhines
on 4/10/11 12:05 pm - Dale, IN
Congrats! It sure does take the brain a long time to catch up to the body! Enjoy yourself!

naph_jam
on 4/10/11 1:22 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
Congrats!  You are an inspiration.

barbara314
on 4/10/11 9:53 pm
I can relate to those old feelings.  What a great victory!!!  Thanks for sharing it...
~ Barbara 

steelerfan1
on 4/10/11 10:24 pm
congrats to you !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Christina M.
on 4/11/11 5:44 am
Thanks everyone for the replies!!!

Most Active