Had a ?

ladyalic
on 4/12/11 12:38 am - IL
when your on your clear liquid's diet  before sugary and you have to drink your protein shacks can you drink any kind of the protein shackes?????

Bette B.
on 4/12/11 12:58 am
 Check with your own surgeon, but most docs don't consider most shakes "clear." Something like Isopure clear, yes, but something like Atkins, no.

With MY doc, once we were allowed protein shakes, ANY variety, flavor or brand was fine.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

hedgehogdude
on 4/12/11 1:14 am - CO
Is it possible you misunderstood the doctor's orders?  I can't see any reason your doc would want a clear liquids diet before surgery, except perhaps the day before the surgery.  Some folks do a week or two of liquids leading up to surgery, in that case it would be full liquids which would include protein shakes etc.  I'd double-check with your doc.

Clear liquids are things like water (duh!), most flavored waters (Crystal Lite etc.), broth/boullion, Jello, no-pulp fruit juice.  Coffee and tea are usually considered clear liquids as well.  More info here.

ladyalic
on 4/12/11 1:40 am - IL
lol i mean protein powder not shackes.......  cause i have some i get from the gym that are strawberry cookies and cream and other kind ????
Jo 1962
on 4/12/11 2:12 am, edited 4/12/11 2:12 am - NearHouston, TX
I asked a similar question from my doc before surgery because the protein powder mix they wanted me to buy was expensive and I already had one at home that my husband had purchased. I brought the mix from home to show the doctor to make sure it had the right amount of nutrients and they said okay.

Read the labels and compare but make sure its okay with your doc. He probably wants you on this for the liver-cleansing effect before surgery and it needs to have enough of the right ingredients.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active