My opening statement

MARIA F.
on 4/14/11 11:24 pm, edited 4/15/11 1:00 am - Athens, GA

I am attending the EES/OAC WLS Blogger/Web Influencer event in NYC. At the beginning they asked us to into ourselves and tell why are here.

Here is was my opening statement to the group:

I'm Maria Fitzpatrick, Formerly Fluffy. I'm here b/c I am seeing such a high failure rate with the band with the bandsters I personally know, and with those I see online. I am hoping that Realize/EES will be providing me with info I can share to help all of those people.

*Travel and accomodations provided by EES.

FormerlyFluffy.com

discogal
on 4/14/11 11:28 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I agree... the failure rate is too high. 
..*.. BEEEEEEEEEE HEALTHY..*..
MARIA F.
on 4/14/11 11:38 pm - Athens, GA

I know. It is so depressing to read on this forum every day someone new posting about a slip/leak/port problem/no restriction/etc. I am desperately hoping for some info from this event that can help some of these people!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/11 11:48 pm
i'd be surprised if you came back with anything worthwhile or what many already know.

yet i am interested :)

MARIA F.
on 4/15/11 12:19 am - Athens, GA
RB I feel the same way. :-( I have been very proactive with attempting to work with the band. I have done everything possible. I had to come though just on the off chance that I would learn something helpful, if not for me, then at least something that could help out another bandster.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Jean M.
on 4/15/11 9:19 am
Revision on 08/16/12
I am desperately hoping for some info from this event that can help some of these people!!!

Really? Or desperately hoping for attention to your personal struggle?

I haven't seen you offer much help to anyone on this forum. I've seen you reinforce negative thoughts and beliefs and discourage newcomers based on your own personal experience. But I don't see you or your new Formerly Fluffy persona as a band prophet or savior.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Nic M
on 4/15/11 10:25 am

Wow. This is rude. 

Whose "personal experiences" are we SUPPOSED to talk about? The neighbor's? Why wouldn't Maria talk about her own personal experiences with the band?  And I hardly see her trying to be a band prophet or savior any more than you are when promoting your book. 

Telling the truth is not discouraging people. Telling the truth is the kindest thing one person can do for another in regard to WLS.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

melly37
on 4/15/11 1:02 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
*running tackel hug*

Hey girlie!!  LTNS!!!  I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing with your band?

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

discogal
on 4/15/11 1:14 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Haha...What a great hug!!! Great to see you...you look gorgeous!

Been flying solo in regards to the band. I've been crashing and burning too. 

..*.. BEEEEEEEEEE HEALTHY..*..
melly37
on 4/15/11 1:49 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Yes, I know all too well.  After I had surgery a year ago to repair my slip, I have not had very good success.  I regained 40 in the entire process and am working on getting it off.  I hope that we can both achieve that!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Most Active