extreme scale addiction?

Evelyn M.
on 4/16/11 8:17 am - United Kingdom
Hi All,

On Wednesday I took our glass scale, it slipped from my hand and yes- at 05.30am just when I woke up I was standing in the middle of 1000 glass pieces. So, since then I could not go on the scale. Usually I do it every day to keep track for myself, see how my body reacts on which food etc etc, and to monitor. Since I don't have a scale, the only thing I can measure my success is on people's compliments: wow, you need to buy new pants or yeah, you can definitely see that you lost some way. Unfortunately I have the feeling that this gets me in a wring direction- today I had a friend over and we watched TV and she brought crisps, and I started eating them with her. To make matters worse, I found myself still eating crisps, even when she was gone. :(( I am ordering a new scale RIGHT NOW at amazon because I feel really bad about not having control over my bad habits. Does anybody else have this addiction or am I extreme?

Thanks for your comments :)
Evelyn
Roll on weight loss!

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/11 8:55 am
I know alot of people that weigh themselves daily.

I used to and it made me crazy so I stopped and weighed once a week.   Even that was making me crazy. I was sabotaging myself.  I"d lose 2 lbs, then "celebrate" and eat...  and guess what... gain it back.    SO I changed to weighing every 2 weeks.... same problem...

Now - I weigh once a month.  

However - go with what works for you.  If weighing yourself daily works, and keeps you accountable, then by all means go with it.   Just know that the weight you see on the scale everyday might not be "real" or accurate because of daily fluctuations and water weight.

babynurse1217
on 4/18/11 11:06 am - NC
I don't think it's extreme to weigh daily, but only if you aren't super stressed by what the scale reads. If it keeps you accountable for what you eat, then by all means do it.   

janice34
on 4/18/11 10:11 pm

I too weigh myself daily. It keeps me honest. If I just weighed once a week I think things may get out of control before I knew it.

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 11:52 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
I no longer use the scale to see if I am losing weight. I use it daily to help me " Put The Breaks On "
Most Active