embarassing toilet problem

Evelyn M.
on 4/21/11 11:27 pm - United Kingdom
Hi all,

I had my first fill two days ago (yay!), apparently my band had already 1ml in at surgery, they added another 3.6ml.
The first fill was done in xray, which was great, because I could see on the screent my port, how they filled it. They gave me some special liquid to drink which is visible in the xray (don't ask me what it's called), to see on the screen if I am too tight or too lose. So far, so good.
Yesterday morning I went to the toilet to do a number two. a) it was white and b) it wouldn't flush!!!! I flushed yesterday around 20 times, and this morning I did some work with the toilet brush so it FINALLY went down. Today morning I again did a number 2 and guess what- same thing again!! I told my partner that we unfortunately can never ever ever have guests again, because I would need to refuse them to use the loo, because my poop is floating around!
I know it is disgusting and I apologize for this, but PLEASE somebody had the same problem? Is it going away? What shall I do?
Thank for your help!!
Roll on weight loss!

Tarris
on 4/21/11 11:42 pm
It's just what you drank during your fill...it was probably barium.  It will stop as soon as it's out of your system!

Bette B.
on 4/21/11 11:53 pm
 Yeah, that sounds like barium. It will (pardon the pun) pass.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

crystal M.
on 4/22/11 1:20 am - Joliet, IL
Like the others said it is called Barium.  I have had 9 fills and had to drink the barium every time....I have never had "white poo" that won't flush...and I'm very grateful that I don't.  That sounds terrible.  Sorry 
Lisaizme
on 4/22/11 1:56 am - TX
Barium and drink more water to help your system pass it faster.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

marypatf
on 4/22/11 9:29 am
 Oh Yea.. barium... Someplaces it comes in a clear/yellowis liquid not the thick stuff anymore...
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Evelyn M.
on 4/23/11 12:26 am - United Kingdom
Thanks for your help, guys!
Roll on weight loss!

Most Active