Nutritionist

Weighting2Bskinny
on 4/24/11 7:19 am
Okay I have a question. I have struggled A LOT with my weight...tried every diet every  and everything I could to lose weight. So I went to this doctor and he is going to SOMETIME refer me to a local surgeon to talk to about doing the surgery. Anyways, in the mean time I have an apt with a nutrtitionist. I have done been to one years ago but they are sending me to one. WHAT IN THE WORLD to I tell her? That I have tried everything and I need the surgery? Willl she be totally against it? What do you think a nutrtionist will say?? I need advice. What do I say to her?  You know....to make her agree with me about the surgery.
Lisa H.
on 4/24/11 7:58 am
WLS on 05/19/11
 Just be honost with the nutritionist and tell her you have trouble losing weight with traditional diet and exericise. She might want to explore a little more as to why you have trouble and see if s/he can help you start losing. My nutritionist asked me to write down everything I ate for 2 weeks and she helped me go through it and  see where I slipped up and where I made good choices. 
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/11 8:34 am
I agree.  Just be honest with her.  I'm sure you're not the first person that she's advised that has thought about surgery.

You'll be fine!! And you're lucky... I never got to speak with a Nutritionist or a dietician. My insurance didnt cover it..  but they covered surgery so I was fine with that.  

Take Care!
Most Active