First and last visit to the Main Forum

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 6:00 am
No complications and I have had my band over 6 years now.  I have maintained my weight for over 5 years.  After awhile you will see that it is always the same people who create all this sh*t.  Over and over and over and  over and over again.  You get my point.  Good luck to you.
sesmith
on 4/25/11 6:01 am
 six years NO complications
looking4hope
on 4/25/11 6:08 am
I know how you feel but it you look I started a post in there looking for happy bandsters because I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting skewed views. Then someone from here added a link of a chart they made with successes. They freaked me out to but it is this or nothing for me. I will continue to research until June 16. I can change my mind until then. I am trying to focus on the positive.
psychomom
on 4/25/11 6:25 am - China Grove, NC
OK .... I also got freaked out on here when I was waiting to be banded. I took breaks from here and second guessed and worried and then talked to my DR and QUIT reading the negative posts !!!! I still do not read alot of them.  I have my band almost a year and love it!  i stay off the main board anyways b/c it is alot more dramatic than this one. I will say this.... In my research and what I see on here ....my honest opinion is ....TRUE band failures that are unforseeable or unpredictable are VERY rare !!!!  The "risks and failure" rates are much higher due to operator error or non compliance. JMO !!!! There are somethings you cnnot really prevent if it happens it happens but alot of those whining on here about how their band does not work are simply ....not working it! Or they have and are basing their displeasure on unrealistic expectations .In MY honest opinion. So take that into acct as well when you read these scarey things. Also the techniques they use now and the larger bands also make complications less likely. Take a break . Check out the before and after pics and positive band experiences .That helped me.:)

looking4hope
on 4/25/11 7:27 am
How do we know which before/after pics are from lap band?
psychomom
on 4/25/11 11:22 am - China Grove, NC
I googled lapband before and afters and if you go to the before and after pics here alot of times you have to go to their profile to see what surgery they had.  To me seeing the before and afters in general was a big encouragement and help. I paid attn to the lapband ones but looked at all of them. :)

debbie H.
on 4/25/11 10:44 am - AR
I like the way you think, psychomom!

MARIA F.
on 4/25/11 4:10 pm - Athens, GA

~The "risks and failure" rates are much higher due to operator error or non compliance. JMO !!!! There are somethings you cnnot really prevent if it happens it happens but alot of those whining on here about how their band does not work are simply ....not working it!~

Omg! What nerve! To judge ppl like that and say they caused their own problem! Tell me............How did Melly cause her slip?!?!?!

There will come a day when YOUR band may very well quit working. When that time comes.............I certainly hope that you are NOT met with the judgement and criticism that you have just trashed us with!!!

~Or they have and are basing their displeasure on unrealistic expectations~

Oh really?! So expecting it to work as ADVERTISED is an 'UNREALISTIC EXPECTATION"???

Like I said.................just wait for that day!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/11 7:22 am
please tell me where someone unhappy with their band - or those who have complications should post?

Nic M
on 4/25/11 7:58 am
I'd like to know this, as well. Even when I posted on the Failed forum, I got **** for it. Apparently you're supposed to just fall off the face of the earth when your band fails you?

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active