realistic mini goal??

Evelyn M.
on 4/25/11 1:09 am - United Kingdom
HI All,

I have been banded 07th March (BTW, how can I make this visible in my profile?). My journey started at 259lbs, trousers size 20, and they are well lose now- I have lost since pre-op diet almost 22 lbs, however only 9lbs since I am banded.
in the last week of July I am going to go on holidays to Ibiza for a week, and I couldn't resist buying a pair of  trousers for the beach, however I bought it size 16..at the moment I can't get them over my big bum, but I am hoping to lose 20-25lbs between now and July. Is this realistic? I am not a very fast loser (as you see, between 07/03 and now 9lbs as the inital loss), but I really want to do it, I even started now daily exercising of 30 minutes on the wii fit. This is a big first step for me, the most exercise I had before was walking in my work from my desk to the copy machine!
Thanks
Evelyn
Roll on weight loss!

crystal M.
on 4/25/11 1:30 am - Joliet, IL

I have done this as incentive many, many times.  I always have some clothes in my house I can't fit into yet (I go to thrift stores quite often).  It feels soooo good to finally get those pants on that didn't fit before.  This also good too because it will show not only pounds lost but inches also.  

I love doing this.  It's always a gamble but what the Hell!!!!

PaintingChef
on 4/25/11 2:44 am - TN
I do this pretty much constantly.  I will buy something that I love but I buy it a size too small and as soon as it fits I will buy something else.  For me, it's a great way to stay motivated.  I'll plan a whole ourfit and event around my goal outfit.  When I'm falling asleep at night I'll close my eyes and envision the entire thing, every single detail.  Most recently it was my "easter" (I'm not religious but it's an excuse to have people over) dress and making a wonderful afternoon barbecue lunch for my parents, in-laws and friends at my house. 

(Sure... the event was food-centric but guess what?  I love to cook.  I'm good at it.  I enjoy it.  That's not going to change and I don't WANT it to change.  Food isn't my enemy.)

But the day was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the table looked like a spread from Food & Wine magazine.  Most importantly though... my dress was fabulous, fit perfectly and was 3 sizes smaller than what I was wearing in December.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that for most of us, the amount of weight we want to lose presents us with a daunting task.  Overwhelming, really.  And I think it's easy to lose sight of the small victories with the large one looming.  So good for you for setting a short-term goal.  I think they are what keeps me motivated and I hope it's the same way for you.
My blog:  PaintingChef

Most Active