Food police?

KKSUNSHINE
on 5/7/11 11:29 pm
Does anyone have a food police living in their home besides me?
My husband, although been fairly supportive up until recently, has started being the food police.
If you have had to deal with this, what did you do?
Highest weight - 261/ Current weight- 186.4/ Goal weight- 155
Follow my journey on You Tube....bamagirl7995
steelerfan1
on 5/7/11 11:34 pm
Yes, I had one for awhile . And its just becaue they care about you and looking out for you and mine still does it from time to time.

I finally walked out of a resturant one night and told him I know what Im doing Im not a baby if I overeat, or eat to fast then it will be me that pays the price and it will teach me a lesson .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Lisaizme
on 5/7/11 11:45 pm - TX
I've never had a negative type of food police.  I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.

My daughter and I have made kind of a little game out of it though..she's in her 20's, so understands it's a game and when to back off.  When we eat out together, she takes my bread and other things I shouldn't eat and just grins at me.  :)  
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 11:57 pm - Des Moines, IA
You have already lost a large amount of weight, so you know what you are doing.  I would tell the police that you appreciate that they are trying to help BUT the band is your food police.  I don't have to deal with this, but it would be frustrating. 
crystal M.
on 5/7/11 11:57 pm - Joliet, IL
I live alone so I don't have that problem.  I do have to say when they are saying something about what you are eating you are probably eating badly.  We get defensive when someone is pointing out a behavior we don't want to admit.  We know we are being bad when we are eating a whole gallon of ice cream and get angry if someone points it out to us...but shouldn't that person point it out if they care about us???  I can only imagine how it might feel as a loved one is forced to watch as we are gorging ourselves with foods that are slowly kill us.  My daughter has said things to me in the past and I know she is right.  She was worried about me and I am now ashamed that I as the mom, ever caused my daughter worry.  She only has my best interest at heart.  Her love for me is pure...she could careless if I have a hot body or perky boobs.  she wants me healthy.  So when I talk to her and she gives me advice I take her seriously.  So I say if their motives are pure, I would say try not to get angry they only want you healthy.   

I guess because I live by myself and have absolutely no accountability and can eat whatever I want when I want and know ever has to know about it.  I wouldn't mind having someone there to remind me what I am doing to myself is undermining all of my hard work.  Sure I might get annoyed but if I stopped to think about it I'm sure I would see they are right. 
NantucketMom
on 5/8/11 4:31 am - SoCal
 My 13 year-old son can be when I start eating badly. But he is also my biggest supporter. 

My ex-bf was kind of the food police. He would comment on how much I could eat, because his ex-wife could barely eat anything when she had gastric bypass. I always hated that. 
Amy in CA 

Ms_Swoosh
on 5/8/11 4:32 am - Indian Trail, NC
I dealt with that from several areas and it can be frustrating. The advice you are receiving is good, thank them for caring and then remind them your Dr has told you what you should and shouldn't eat and that you are quite able to make good choices.  That just like any other adult you are able to understand instructions and realize what you will have to deal with if you don't.  Thank them again...oh and then ask them how their cholesterol lvl is doing? hehe :)

just keep swimming
Swoosh :)
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

KKSUNSHINE
on 5/8/11 6:55 am
Thanks for all your responses.
I am sure he means well. However, when I eat 3 oz of chicken & then go back 2 or 3 hours later to eat again & he asked why I am eating again so soon - that just gets irritating. That is how I am suppose to eat but he just doesn't get it.

Thanks for listening to me & for your support.
Highest weight - 261/ Current weight- 186.4/ Goal weight- 155
Follow my journey on You Tube....bamagirl7995
Most Active