Eating to fast or to much?

ready43
on 5/8/11 10:22 am
Just need a little advice on eating. I had my 3rd fill Wed, I just ate had one chicken leg and sauteed zucchni and summer squash. I started eating my chicken I thought I chewed it very well but guess I did not. I got a burning feeling in my chest and that stuck feeling so I stopped eating. I tried relaxing and walking around to see if it would dislodge itself but didnt ,then I started throwing up( I guess) but it was just clear liquid no food after a few more gags it passed through. I have to admit it scared the heck outta me. What if anything should I do diffrently? I'm scared to eat.
hopeful and happy
on 5/8/11 10:29 am - Skinnytown, MA
Soooo sorry to hear that you got stuck. It is such a terrible and scary feeling!

Every time I get a new fill I can add another list of foods to the list of things I can no longer tolerate. I would say that chicken has been on that list since about my 3rd fill, or so! You may not have done something "wrong" you might just have a new set of rules to follow that are different from the rules you had last week...

Trial and error, unfortunately, is the only way to know what will and won't work. If chicken gets you a second time in a row, give up on it for awhile.

Meanwhile, stick to liquids after vomitting for awhile to let everything calm down.

Feel better!
ready43
on 5/8/11 10:35 am
Thank you so much for that advice. I could not have said it better "trial and error". I wont be eating chicken for awhile :)
debbie H.
on 5/8/11 1:01 pm - AR
From what I understand, dense proteins are important for satiety.  When I had a similar experience, I was told to try all dense protein in english pea sized bites.  Now I was eating small bites, but not quite english pea sized.  Well it worked. I was also told to chew, chew, chew and wait between bites.  That is so forign still to me.  I have to work NOT to take big bites, and eat too fast.  When I don't do all these things right, it always comes back to bite me.

ready43
on 5/9/11 8:56 am
Thank you for that info. I just read ur post and then ate some tilapia, I took small pea sized bites like u suggetsed and it worked! Yeaaaaaa.... I have been so scared to eat but from now
on I will take my time and smaller bites. Thanks again.
Tooty
on 5/9/11 2:50 am - Germantown, TN
I'm two years out and still have problems taking small bites and waiting....lol....

When your hungry you forget to slow down and take small bites.  Most likely you were eating too fast and took too big of a bite. 

I have been really working on focusing my mind before I take that first bite.  After I chew to much I wait a minute or two before taking the next bite....sometimes I forget and I have the same thing happen....
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
ready43
on 5/9/11 8:58 am
Yes this is truley a learning experience. Its like learning how to eat for the first time. I cannot wait to acheive the success that you have being two yrs out. Thank you for sharing
Most Active