having a pity party

vwbug
on 5/8/11 12:35 pm - WA

Two days out from surgery.  I have read enought posts to know that people said the gas would be bad. Yes it has to a point, but what is hurting me most is my back form where I layed on it so long in the hospital. I never thought that getting out of bed would be such a challlange either.

seem all i do is keep a glass to my mouth trying to get all my protien and liquids in.

so guys give me ideas how long I will fill this crapy

ningi1
on 5/8/11 12:49 pm
I had the exact same pain in my back and chest... part of the back pain is from laying on your back, and it also is gas.  You're only 2 days out, I think I felt better by day 4... you need to move around a lot to help the gas pass... Gas X strips are good, laying on your left side as well as you can also helps gas pass.

I also found that when I sat in my recliner and had a heating pad to sit against helped my back pain-

Good luck!  It will get better :)
Nicole- banded 4/1/11

BW 239/ SW 237/ CW 162/ GW 138

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 5/8/11 1:30 pm - Alamosa, CO
Congrats on your surgery!  I felt like crap for about a week.  Walking helped with the gas.  Not miles and miles, but just walking around the yard or even the living room seemed to help.  And yes you will be drinking and drinking and drinking... it gets better.  Hang in there! 
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

OCCali_Girl
on 5/8/11 5:28 pm - CA
Day 3 & 4 I was starting to feel a bit better... but it is a process.  I also had REALLY bad gas pains, and not to bum you out but those lasted about 2 weeks... however what I did to help move the gas was a little unorthodox but worked for me if you can do it...

I would walk a few laps and then bend over the edge of my bed (face down) and gently bounced up & down to help push the gas through.  It helped me A LOT!  however I have a large lower belly so it did not touch my incisions at all and there was not pain... something to try while walking if you are comfortable.

Good luck and CONGRATS!!!  You have started an exciting new  chapter in your life

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Lisa O.
on 5/9/11 3:07 am - Snoqualmie, WA
I just noticed that you live in WA.  Friend me and/or PM me if you're interested and let me know where you live.  I live in Snoqualmie but have a support group for bandsters only that meets near Southcenter Mall the last Saturday of each month.  This month it's on the 21st because of Memorial Day weekend.  I'll put you on the mailing list if you're interested.  It's a great group of women and wonderful way to get your questions answered and get support by people that know what you're going through.

I used a heating pad for back pain and that helped.  I also used a pillow to prop my belly when I needed to roll over to get out of bed.  Sleeping in a recliner for about 3 days really helped me too!
Don't be a hero, take the pain meds they gave you.  You need rest to heal.

Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'm happy to help if I can.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active