Is my band too full???

j.johnson26
on 5/21/11 10:49 am - FL
 ok...i got my 2nd fill tuesday and for wednesday and thursday i was fine.. drinking was fine.. starting friday i cant get any solids to go down.  wen i drink anything my stomach feels really full for hours even with a few sips.....wen i drink i get the pain in my chest like it did wen food was stuck.. i also get the gurgling going down and feel like an air bubble stuck in my throat!!
can any one relate to this??  some tell me to wait itll all go away  but idk!!!!   i would like to eat food and it go down!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 11:25 am - San Diego, CA
Yes, it sounds like your fill "settled" after a couple of days (as some of us call it) and you are too tight.  Are you able to keep down liquids at least?  If not, you need to be seen RIGHT away to avoid dehydration.  If you can, keep drinking as much as you can today and tomorrow and get to your doctor FIRST thing Monday morning.  You don't want to mess around with being too tight.  Don't worry though, you don't have to have a complete unfill or anything.  They can take out minimal amounts (less than 1 cc even) and that might just do the trick.   Go back to sipping in the meantime until the problem is fixed (tiny baby sips every 10 minutes or whatever it takes to ensure you can keep it down).  Large drinks or gulps will hurt inside your chest. 

Of course, I am not a doctor, just speaking from experience and knowledge.

Hang in there okay?
  It's going to be fine. :)
j.johnson26
on 5/21/11 12:41 pm, edited 5/21/11 12:42 pm - FL
 thank you!! yeah i can drink but makes me feel really full no matter how much i drink.. i cant believe the 2nd fill was .6 and it did this!!!!  although..its weird i just ate some of a grilled cheese and it was ok....idk.. i know before the fill i felt sumtimes i cuda eaten a freakn small cow  but wud love to eat and not throw it up!!!  thank you for ur time and response.. i wish others wud reply to!!!!  if i can eat the grilled cheese-still too tight?? 
i have 4cc n 10cc band..

SW: 326 02/23/2011
Surgery 3/17/2011
1st fill 3.4cc
2nd fill .6cc
now: 286

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/11 12:55 pm - Des Moines, IA
Anytime you do get stuck you should go on fluids for 24 hours and then proceed carefully with soft foods etc. 

I have never dealt with any of what you are describing and it doesn't sound like much fun.  If it were me, I would do fluids/yogurt for 24 hours if food was stuck and then see how it feels on Monday.  Call your surgeon on Monday if you can't eat dense protein.  I personally wouldn't be trying a grilled cheese sandwich.  But I don't eat bread or even toast etc.  It can swell up and block the stoma. 

I have never heard gurgling with fluids or even felt "full" with food or drinks.  We each have different experiences with the band.  Hope it gets easier for you.

Kristi
cheyenne000
on 5/21/11 3:09 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
Yes you are too tight, call your doctor and get a small unfil .1 or .2 will really help.  You should never feel pain when eating or drinking. I have never had one losen up with out an unfill. Hope you get relief soon

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

vlp1968
on 5/21/11 7:40 pm
I agree with the above posts, I thing you need an unfill. Even a vey small one can make a difference. It is amazing how a small fill can push you over the edge. I once had .1 put in and I went from being hungry to getting sick. While your waiting to see the doc. I would stick to fluids. I found watered down shakes stayed down for me, and that way you will be getting nutrion. Hope you feel bette soon!
Stephanie M.
on 5/22/11 12:15 am
Unfill.  Stay away from the grilled cheese.  If it is those little wrapped pieces of faux cheese, it can turn to glue in your stoma.  Call the doc tomorrow...
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

j.johnson26
on 5/22/11 2:30 am - FL
 it was the only thing i could get to not get stuck...i am calling them in the morning.. this sux soooo bad!!  i see ppl talking about so much more fluid then me being in their band..how do they eat??  thank you all!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/11 3:13 am - San Diego, CA
They can eat because everybody's stomachs and pouches are different sizes.  For me, I have 3.1 ccs in a 10 cc band.  That doesn't mean I'm loose because someone else has 8 ccs.  This is *my* perfect restriction level. There is no chart that says x amount of fill = loose and y amount of fill = tight.  That's all.  :)  But I would stay away from the grilled cheese tight or not.  Not a good choice of food for losing if that is what you are trying to do.  Good luck to you and keep us posted.
Most Active