Band Fill

Jennyo35
on 6/1/11 3:56 am
Hey There - Haven't been here in forever....

Went to the Dr. today and hadn't been since last July.  I can't remember the last time I had a fill.  Well I have had no restriction for a while now and have gained 15 lbs. since last July - but due to life totallly giving me the finger, I did not go to the Dr.  Well today she took out all my fluid and put in .25 cc.  Water is going down ok but I'm having a hard time with V8 juice (the orange one). 

Is this normal considering I got a fill today?  I have never had this happen before, but again I don't think I've ever really had really good restriction?

Any advice will be oh so helpful!

Surgery 6/08
Highest 268
Lowest 164
Current 175
8.25 cc in Realize Band
vlp1968
on 6/1/11 4:04 am
The v8 juice might be too thick. You could have some swelling from the fill. I would give it a couple days, if you don't feel better call your doc. By the way, I stay away from all juice, too many carbs and calories slide down too fast.
Jennyo35
on 6/1/11 4:38 am
I never drink juice either but it is diet... Once in a while I feel like I have to have it?

I'm going to switch to jus****er and give it a couple of days....just freaking me out a little

Thanks!

Lisaizme
on 6/1/11 7:00 am - TX
I had a tiny fill last week too   .2cc and afterwards water went down just fine.

A few hours later, I noticed that Powerade Zero (water consistency) was hanging just a bit before sliding on down.  I had just finished a very easy Yoga session in a warm room, so I think that was probably the issue.

Just becareful, stay on liquids or very soft things.. I had things like Miso soup and chocolate milk and then some soft mashed potatoes late that night.   I waited till the next day to have Chili.

It could be the fill, it could be the hot weather, it could be a combo.

If ANYTHING gives you trouble, back down a stage in the refeeding process and take it a bit slower.

Glad you were able to get in and get the band tweaked!
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Jennyo35
on 6/2/11 12:18 am
Thanks for the reply.

It's a little better today - was able to get down a cup of coffee and a protein shake this morning. going to try to get a bottle of water in before I hit the gym.

I'm glad I got in too - I have really been slacking!

Most Active