pain!!!

Quana27
on 6/9/11 1:50 pm - Bronx, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/04/11 with
It's been 5 days since my surgery and things are going pretty well but i'm still having some pain....is this normal I know some take longer to heal than others and also my pain threshold is pretty low but I just feel like I should not still be experiencing pain like I am! Hubby is extremely supportive but he feels It's all in my mind and afraid i'm taking my pain meds to frequent....any suggestions or stories on the down time after surgery? Thanks in advance

Lisaizme
on 6/9/11 2:01 pm - TX
I was in pain for nearly 2 weeks after my surgery.  Everyone tolerates surgery differently.

Tell your husband that until he has his abdominal wall cut into that he has no basis for comparison.  And unless he is a bariatric physician, he can't judge whether or not you are misusing your pain meds.  

If you're concerned, call your doctor's office tomorrow and see if they have suggestions to help.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Quana27
on 6/9/11 2:09 pm - Bronx, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/04/11 with
Ohhh thank you I was trying not to freak out lol I actually have my follow up tomorrow and could not be happier as for Hubby I gave him a piece of my mind when he said it so I think he'll think twice before commenting anymore....thanks so much!
Lisaizme
on 6/9/11 2:59 pm - TX
You're welcome.  Hope your appt. goes well tomorrow.

I've heard good things about Dr. Ren and the NYU program.  If that's where you were banded, there are some fellow patients who post on the SmartBandsters list.

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

steelerfan1
on 6/9/11 9:50 pm

It will get better and better everyday :o) Like Lisa said everybody has different kinds of pain.  I did not have hardly any pain after my surgery and I got a little ****y about two weeks later trying to do things to soon  and my tummy reminded me of the surgery to slow down again :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 10:37 pm - Des Moines, IA
If you are hurting take some Adult strength liquid tylenol or take the pain med that your surgeon gave you.  Why be in pain?  You will move better if you aren't hurting.  The pain will go away.
Most Active