surgery friday

Lin_2
on 6/20/11 7:53 am
I'm excited but nervous: I am getting a band this friday (6/24)!

I'm a bit freaked out. Mainly because surgery scares me. I have weighed all of my options and made the choice that is right for me.

I'd love to hear any words of encouragement and support.

(Please no discouraging words, I've read very thoroughly about the potential problems and still am going forward with the band)

Thanks,
Lin

vlp1968
on 6/20/11 7:58 am
You are about to do something life changing. You are on your way to a healthier, and probably happier you! Good luck, you'll do great.
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 8:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
Congratulations! I am so excited for you and know you will have great success. I will be banded 4 years in July and have lost over 150 lbs. and have not had any problems. I would do this over in a minute, my only regret is not doing it sooner. My husband is now in the progress of being banded, looks like he will probably be getting his band in the end of Sept. or first part of Oct. I wish you all the best in your new weight loss journey. 
Trishaallen
on 6/20/11 10:45 am - TN
Congradulations.   I am so happy for you.  I am hoping to schedule my surgery for the 1st of August.   Good luck and take it one day at a time.

Lin_2
on 6/20/11 11:41 am
Thank you!!! Getting positive support helps more than you can imagine! ....or maybe you can

kiwichick45
on 6/20/11 4:58 pm
 Congratulations and best wishes for Friday.

I was banded last Friday and I too was freaked out, but now that it's all over I feel great that I am finally banded.

It was not really painful, nothing that a bit of pain relief didn't take care of. But I did find it good to walk as much as possoable.

Good Luck :)
looking4hope
on 6/20/11 6:07 pm

Good luck! I will keep you in my thooughts and prayers. I was nervous too. I cried as they rolled me down the hall. You will do fine. Walk as soon as you can. I walked a lot the nurses were amazed.

barbara314
on 6/20/11 9:42 pm
Congrats on your upcoming surgery!  This is the start of the new YOU.  This is a good time for you (if you haven't already) to start journaling.  Write down all the reasons you want to do this.  Make a list of your goals - short and long term.  Make sure you have everything you need for when you come home from the hospital because you won't feel like running out to the store.

I think we all have feelings of nervousness and excitement.  It's completely normal.  You're making a big change, but it's one that you will be so much better for.

You'll be in my prayers on Friday.  Be sure to check back in when you can and let us know how it went.  Good luck!!!
~ Barbara 

Lin_2
on 6/21/11 12:19 am
Thank you all. I really need this!!!!

Great idea, Barbara, I will do that!

Lin_2
on 6/24/11 11:54 am
I had my surgery today!
Things went well generally.
I'm feeling a bit nauseous and some pain, but overall pretty good.
Thank you all foryour support.
I'll post more soon!

Most Active