Before and After pics are making me cry

tross1562
on 6/29/11 7:55 am - Las Vegas, NV
My 13 yr old grand daughter asked what would I look like after my surgery. So I showed her some before and after photos of people. She said "Nana you and I will someday wear the same size clothes" ( size 8/9).  After she left the room I just cried because she has never seen me thin, or healthy for that matter. So for this I am very blessed for her to be able  to see me that way very soon.
 I am going to have her take the picture of me the day before surgery and post it, then put the pic on fridge to remind me to NEVER go there again.  Life is too short to kill yourself too soon with being unhealthy and fat.

I want to live as long as possible and enjoy life again. Walk without needing to stop every five minutes.  Run (like I ever have).  Hike in the  mountains, swim at the lake. Go on an amusement ride. To hopefully be there when my grandkids graduate High School, College, marriage and great grandchildren.

To sit on an airplane comfortably, and go on vacation, to wherever I want to.  To buy clothes that fit, instead of buying a size up in case I gain weight.

I cry because I am happy to soon be rid of this disgusting body I have had to lug around for 51 almost 52 years. To let that thin healthy woman out to finally exhale and be truly happy again.
Terri    
sesmith
on 6/29/11 8:12 am
 I remember at the beginning of my journey referring to a part of my body as my "folds". Won't find that term in any anatomy book. 
tross1562
on 6/29/11 8:15 am - Las Vegas, NV
I call my stomach the apron. I hope it goes away after the weight lose.
Terri    
debbie H.
on 6/29/11 8:42 am - AR
I too am a grandmother.  Good luck on your journey.  Mine began 5 1/2 months ago, and though it's not easy, and there's work to it, I'm VERY happy.  I'm a slow loser, and I'm OK with that.  I didn't put it on in 1 year.  It might take me more than a year to get it off.

Bette B.
on 6/29/11 9:10 am
 Eight years ago, I was doing what you're doing and thinking what you're thinking. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active