first fill

Quana27
on 6/30/11 3:56 pm - Bronx, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/04/11 with
on June 28th I got my first fill and while she was doing it I felt my band getting tight...but I'm not feeling the way i expected I'm not staying full as long as I expected which leads me to snacking more now I don't know if it's due to "the time of month" it is or if i just need a tighter fill I'm confused please help...oh and I have not gained any weight but I haven't lost either she told me not to worry about it it's not uncommon but I'm ready to see improvement not that I haven't thus far I have lost a total of 35 pounds and I'm really proud of myself for that but I'm craving being a big loser lol

kruzn70
on 6/30/11 9:51 pm
Did you get the LAP Band.  My surgeon is making me wait 7 weeks for my first fill.  They told me it is 6 weeks but since I got a large hematoma at the port site they want me to wait an extra week.  I am hungry!!!  I have been drinking more protein shakes to help that.  That seems to work along with enough water and I am losing slowly.  Congratulations on the 35 pounds!!  That is awesome.

betorah
on 7/1/11 4:48 am - West Hartford, CT
It took me four fills or more before I felt restriction.  My physician only initially would fill 1 cc at a time.  We subsequently discovered that my band was so sensitive that I couldn't ever handle more thatn 1 cc at a time.  Some people find that their fill works i nthe morning, but not at night, others, that it's the other way around.  You don't say how much you had for your first fill, but it's not at all unusual for the first fill not to make a significant difference.  I was so hungry after the first fill of 1 cc, that they let me come in the next week for a second fill, rather than waiting two weeks.  And 35 pounds is nothing to sneeze at.  It's a lot more than I had lost by the first fill.

doreentalbot
on 7/2/11 8:13 am - Brighton, CO
It does take them a few times to get it right.  If you are hungry and not staying full, make sure you are eating right and not drinking with your meal.  If you are still hungry, go back to the dr and tell them.  They will know they need to adjust it.  When my fill is right, I can only eat  a small amount of food and don't want anymore.  It is a process, a time to get to know your body.  You are on the road to a slimmer body!  It really works, even when you hit slow spots.   Every time I told my husband I didn't think my band was working, I wouldn't be able to eat hardly at all for the next few days.  In a year I have only had 4 fills and have lost 100 lbs.
Most Active