exhaustion after surgery.

songbird5769
on 7/12/11 12:20 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11
It is day 6 post op and I am still so exhausted, I barely can lift my arms to put my deodrant on. my upper thighs are also very sore. Is it normal to be so dehabilitated this long after surgery?

steelerfan1
on 7/12/11 12:26 am
I was tired for a good three weeks or so after my surgery .

I started to get more energy when I started on soft foods and reg foods.  Not eating much and just drinking alot of liquids can zap your energy or it did me :o)

It will get better each day .  I use to take so many naps during the day before my surgery now I dont take a nap at all through the day unless its lazy , rainy day and I will take a snooze

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

songbird5769
on 7/12/11 12:43 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11
Do you know how to get the ticker to work? I son't know how to move mine.

Mahana
on 7/12/11 1:02 am - AZ
..go onto your "start page"..then click on Health tracker on the left hand side. once ur on that click on Health Ticker?tracker..ur ticker should pop up and u can change it
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
72jsb
on 7/12/11 1:17 am
I was the same way and honestly, didn't feel like myself again until 6 weeks out.  I have a long (too long) beauty routine in the morning and after I got done doing my hair and getting ready, all I wanted to do was take a nap!  It will get better with each day, just take it slow and relax....

PurplHaze
on 7/12/11 2:04 am
For some people the anesthetic takes much longer to exit their system completely. It is not unusual to feel the effects for 2 -3 weeks.  Getting some exercise and making sure you get protein in your diet will help. Even simple walks a couple of times a day can help re-energize.  Good luck with the recovery and congratulations on starting the journey.
andiek77
on 7/12/11 3:23 am - NJ
I am 6 days post op as well.
My opinion. Lets not rush this! 

Yesterday, i decided i needed to get out of the house, but it hot, so i had a friend drive me to the mall. This way, i could do some walking, Yet, its Air conditioned!

Well, my friend had other plans! haha. She was shopping like a fool.
All the while, im standing there trying to not drop to the floor. This lasted for 2 hours. Yes, i got in a good walk, but i definitly over did it.
I also would sit ouside the store on a bench while she shopped. Its not worth it to rush into things (this i found out yesterday) I was exhausted.
Remember, we are only working with about 100-200 calories!! 

Good luck.. and get some rest! I AM!
*today is warm again, so iim going to the movies.
Its going to be hard to avoid the popcorn line, but i can do it. Right? :}
Most Active