Update to my freaking out

CScott0925
on 7/17/11 12:36 am
So thanks to everyone *****plied to my minor episode last week regarding my weight. You were all right in that I was getting used to soft foods, not drinking enough water, my body decided it was time to be a girl causing some bloa****er retention, and other not so pretty conditions. I was not drinking enough water, etc..etc..

So this week I am doing so much better. I was micromanaging my meals and now instead, I am micromanaging my water intake. I re-read my instructions and yes, I am supposed to eat every other hour 1-4 ounces of protein. Once I get a fill, then I will move to every three hours. I am exercising more and more, though I would really like to swim and use weights for my flabby arms, but all in good time.

I want to say that though there is some negativity and people giving advice that they have no business giving, I am so thankful and grateful that the majority of people on this site are here to support themselve and support others in a genuine and compassionate way. No of us are here because we have our food issues mastered and that is rather humiliating. As I know I will continue to have my moments of coming unglued, I want to thank you all now in advance for talking me down!

Carrie

steelerfan1
on 7/17/11 1:31 am
Carrie,

Glad things are working out for you .  Water retention is horrible. I can go to losing 2 pounds one day and be up 5 pounds two days later so try to stay off the scales as much as you can and weigh in one time a week , it wont play so many mind games with you then :o)

I'm on m period right now and I'm up six pounds and it has stayed that way for two weeks I know its all water because I dont think I can gain 6 pounds of fat just eating 1200 calories lol .  Well, it didn't help matters I had popcorn at the movies watching Harry Potter lol.

You will go through alot of emotions on this journey. I just had a yell at my hubby today *sigh*.  I was getting frustrated with my weight also.

Hang in there it does get better, and you will have days  and weeks that you just want to give up but it will be worth it in the end, that is what I keep telling myself :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

gee1963
on 7/17/11 4:17 am - Ankeny, IA
VSG on 02/27/13
Glad you are feeling better.

*~Gina~*HW 338 (10/2009), banded 07/22/10 298, removed 11/29/12, sleeved 2/27/13. (CW)   214 dr scale 3/19/13   

Lin_2
on 7/17/11 9:06 am
I'm so glad that things are "back on track" 
I really liked a quote I saw on OH someplace: "weightloss is a journey, not an event"
Really puts it in perspective.
That being said, I'll need you to remind me of this at some point in the future!!
Glad things are going well!

~ Lin

Most Active