Protein Pancake Recipe

LesleeInGlastonbury
on 7/30/11 1:48 am - CT
 For those that follow me, you know that I am a competitive bodybuilder (this year I am doing "figure" which is a more feminine version of body building,,,kinda) Anyway my goal next year is to be the first WLS competitor to get her Pro Card! Yup I am hoping to make a name for myself!

Im about ready to take my Personal Trainer certification exam next month and will be starting my classes to become a certified Bariatric Life Coach!  That along with me being one of Lapbands new models (on patient and doctor material) and recent modeling experience, i think Im on the "pay it forward" road to a new career!

Anyway back to the topic at hand.  I am currently in my pre-competition diet mode.  this is a very strike, but band friendly diet, ensuring 6 small meals a day or primarily lean protein.  Given the fact that condiments, sauces and marinades are pretty much off limits, I do have challenges with food being too dry or just too bland.  

Im not much of a cook, but I do like my comforts foods and in a quest to help satisfy that craving while staying 100% on track for my diet - I was able to craft a protein pancake thats pretty darn good (even my husband and sons eat them)

1cup egg whites
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1 tsp sugar free vanilla pudding mix (or any flavor u like)
cinnamon
1 tsp peanut butter (natural no sugar)
tsp molly mcbutter
2 packets of splenda
top with Walden Farms Zero Calorie Maple Syrup and Molly McButter or spray butter (0 cal)

mix in blender until smooth and prepare like a pancake- because the batter is very thin, the 1st pancake will take up the whole pan - the 2nd one will take up 1/2.

200 cal 33 gr protein 3 gr fat 0 carbs 0 sugar.
I've played around with the ratio of egg whites to protein - even this morning i did a whole scoop protein and it was too dry.

I had this for dinner last night and breakfast this morning - im hooked!
Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
The "Band" isn't Around Your Head
Leslee in Connecticut
3/9/09 240 BMI 38% Body Fat 44% Size 18 Measurements 44-36-45
10/9/2010 139 BMI 22% Body Fat 12% Size 2/3 Measurements 35-27-34
Current 155 BMI 24% Body Fat 18% Size 4/5 Measurements 36-28-35
Jrzyboriqua
on 7/31/11 11:23 pm - East Windsor, NJ
That sounds really yummy!  I'm going to have to try it out!  Thanks!
Most Active