Stupid question...

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 7/31/11 5:56 am - Alamosa, CO
 Hi all!  I am almost a year out.  My bandaversary is Aug 13, and I have lost 90+ lbs.  I have had some problems though.  About 6 weeks ago I had a slight unfill. I think she took .5 cc out.  I was way too tight and had been for a few months.  Anyway, things have been going fairly well since my unfill.  I have lost little to no weight, but I haven't gained either.  I have had a busy summer in my yard, and swimmng with my family, so I haven't been as faithful in my workout schedule.  HELL I HAVEN'T WORKED OUT ALL SUMMER!  But in the last few weeks I have been having some problems.  Last night for dinner I made a southwest chicken salad and had a small margarita before dinner.  I ate about 1/2 cup, which is a normal serving for me, heavy on the chicken light on the lettuce.  About 30 minutes after eating my tummy started hurting so I went outside to walk around and it just got worse, finally after about an 1 or so I puked everything up.  I felt fine afterwords.  I am just wondering if this was the alcohol in the margarita or the lettuce...  I have to say I checked everything out after it came up again, and all the lettuce looked well chewed and the chicken too.  I know it's gross, but seemed necessary!  So what do you think?  I haven't really had much alcohol since surgery, maybe a glass of wine every few months, but that is it....  Just need some feedback.
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

andiek77
on 7/31/11 6:08 am - NJ
drink more margarita... see if that happens again? ha

Probably not the best way to figure it out, but at least you will get some answers.
sfnativewm
on 7/31/11 7:19 am
I suggest that you try to do 75 percent protein and the rest veggie, and lower your carbs!  You can drink but go for low carb or no carb alcohol! 
As for chicken it i**** and miss for me.   Leftover anything doesn't work as well for me too!!  Remember once you have a stomach problem, liquids 24 hours, mushie 24 and back to business as usual.  Good luck to you!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 8:22 am
Have your gallbladder checked
MARIA F.
on 7/31/11 8:41 am - Athens, GA

Petra I had my gall bladder removed several years ago. I had pancreatitis also. Hope u recover quickly!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 8:54 am
I'm fine. Thanks It's funny tho how you see other peoples symptoms and think..Oh that's what I felt :)

I tell all my doctors that I don't mind having "somethin" as long as they know what it is...I don't want a sickness named after me or be an inspiration for a "house" episode :)

MARIA F.
on 7/31/11 1:48 pm - Athens, GA

Lol. Your right. A mystery disease would not be the thing to have!

How sick did u get from the pancreatitis? I was so weak and drained from that!

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/11 2:20 pm
I am a "easy" sick person. or so it seems. I didn't know I had pancreatitis till the ER did my blood test. My gallstone passed quickly as well. They kept me at the hospital and I felt fine the entire time. My bloodtest came back elevated again, so they gave me 3 options. Come back and have outpatient surgery, ignore it till the next episode or stay and have it taken out..I opted for 3 since I was already there. I must have a high pain tolerance..So far I haven't had any issues with any of my operations...knock on wood

Petra
MARIA F.
on 7/31/11 3:08 pm - Athens, GA

Oh I am such a baby when it comes to pain! I have a very low pain tolerance. :-( I will say though that the band surgery was a breeze though. I was sore and moved slowly, but off the pain meds in no time!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Angi
vanIwaarden-Garcia

on 7/31/11 9:09 am - Alamosa, CO
 Yes I have had my gall bladder checked, recently.  Right before my unfill I had several tests run and I have a perfect gall bladder, just the band was too tight.  So I have been on supper mushie food today and hope for a better day tomorrow.
Angi vanIwaarden-Garcia
Have Fun, Learn Much, and Celebrate!
Surgery Date 8/13/2010
Heaviest Weight 256
Current Weight 156

Most Active