Any one in Phonenix!! I need some help

Melanie S.
on 8/8/11 4:45 am, edited 8/8/11 4:48 am - Richmond, VA
So just found out that AZ weight loss solutions on Tatum is closing at the end of Aug... FML.

Ok, so I had my surgery done in NC in June of 09, moved to AZ in Jan 10.

Found these guys and now Im having some issues and need my band checked out and have been refered to another practice because they are shutting down.

The new practice is requiring a $500 consult /patient establishment fee and will charge $200 for fills not $150.

Needless to say Im not sure I want to go to these guys, regardless of *****ferred me. I have recently had a couple bouts of food poisoning and the flu all within a month. Im very naucious today as well and have a very rotten eggy taste in my mouth. All I want to do is just VOMIT..

I really dont know what to do or who to see in this area. JC Lincoln is a joke and I refuse to go sit in an ER and be seen by doctors who dont have a clue what a band is let alone how to treat someone with one.

Anyone that can help would be great.. I think im gonna go dry heave again..

HW289/PreOp287/SW262

Lisaizme
on 8/8/11 4:57 am - TX
Who were you referred to?
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Melanie S.
on 8/8/11 5:00 am - Richmond, VA
Dr. Feng or Dr. Jarez. I just actually clicked on the link advertisement for Bridges, thats who they are. I think what gets me is that I paid $500 to get established at AZ  WLS, and now have to start a ground zero. This sucks. Not to mention that I feel so sick right now.

UGH

HW289/PreOp287/SW262

Lisaizme
on 8/8/11 5:33 am - TX
Yeah, the $$ situation sucks.. and so does being sick.  I'm sorry, hope you feel better soon.

If I were in AZ, I'd try to see Dr. Terry Simpson.  http://drsimpson.net/   He might be expensive, I really don't know.. but I know people who go to him and they really like him.

Good luck to you.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Lisa O.
on 8/8/11 6:23 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Unfortunately the transfer fee, (new practice fee), is pretty standard from what I hear. 
You need to see someone soon.  Vomitting can put a lot of stress on your band and irritate your esophagus to the point where you may not even be able to take in liquids.  If you don't improve soon, bite the bullet and get yourself to the ER!

Take care!
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

kathkeb
on 8/8/11 8:22 am
Post on the AZ board -- there are a bunch of Band surgeons in the PHX area.
Kath

Mahana
on 8/8/11 12:06 pm - AZ
Go to Dr. Simpson. He is the only Dr. In the entire state who can instruct in lap band surgery. He is the best in the state...off of Maryland ave. He is my Dr. And absolutely amazing!!!
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
Most Active