:-(

Quana27
on 8/9/11 3:41 pm - Bronx, NY
Adjustable Gastric Band on 06/04/11 with
I've had my lap band since June 4th at first the pounds were coming off great but now it seems as if they are not going anywhere! I'm getting really frustrated but most of all really confused I've lost 30 pounds to date but my last 2 Dr visits I've weighted the same what am I doing wrong? Oh yeah I now have 5 1/2 cc on my band and eating right but I feel like its to no avail help please!

donnamy3sons
on 8/9/11 5:17 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13
you are probably just having a little stall, it will pass. Just keep at it and the weight loss will kick back in. I found after the first few months of quick loss I would not lose anything for anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks. This was normal for me....

Quana27
on 8/10/11 12:51 am - Bronx, NY
Thanks for the support! Really appreciate it I'm still doing as I should and its nice to know I'm not the only one
vlp1968
on 8/9/11 9:25 pm
I agree with the above post. You lost a lot of weight the first couple months. Your body is adjusting. Keep doing all the right things- excersise being one of them- and the scale will move. Try to be patient. Are you weighing yourself everyday? If it's discouraging you, I would go to once a week. That's what I did while I was loosing, I felt like natural flucuations would drive me crazy. Good luck!
Quana27
on 8/10/11 12:56 am - Bronx, NY
Thanks so much for your input it means a lot to me...I'm exercising I may just need to turn it up a notch lol and I do my weight in once a week maybe I should space it out more but it is still driving me crazy however I am determined to be a great loser lol
Lisaizme
on 8/9/11 9:33 pm - TX
When my weight loss slowed to a crawl in May of 2010, I started taking monthly measurements.

Now, when I don't see the scale move.. I can see my body reshaping.

If you're not exercising (ie, moving your body more than you did pre banding), you might consider adding that to the mix.

And if your doctor has a nutritionist/dietician available, you might schedule a visit with them to go over your food choices just for reinforcement.

Hang in there, it's probably just a stall or plateau.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Quana27
on 8/10/11 1:03 am - Bronx, NY
You are actually right on point I don't see the scale moving but the inches are decreasing my clothes are still becoming looser so I guess I'm not seeing the bigger picture however I miss seeing the numbers drop but I'm not giving up the Dr said I'm doing everything but it may just be a temporary stall but to keep pushing and that is exactly what I intend to do! I was discouraged but you guys have restored my faith thanks a lot!
Lisa O.
on 8/10/11 2:16 am - Snoqualmie, WA
It's hard to advise you when we don't know what you are eating, but here are some basic questions:
1. Are you weighing an measuring portions?
2. Are you getting in 60-80 g of protein daily?
3. Are you logging everything you eat to see what the balance is between carbs and protein?
4. Are you moving more than you did before?
5. How's your no calorie fluid intake?  6-8 glasses a day is recommended.
6. Are you avoiding liquid calories?

Everyone works a different food program, but if you find yourself eating more carbs than protein you may want to make the balance more equal. 

Otherwise, plateaus are very common as your metabolism adjusts, so if you're eating well and controlling portions then you will start to lose weight again. 

If you find that you can eat more than 1 cup of dense foods at a meal, if you're hungry between meals and your WL has stalled you may need a sligh fill just to top things off, 5.5 c.c.'s is not that much.

Hang in there!
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Bette B.
on 8/10/11 2:43 am
 If you're doing everything right, just keep doing it. My third (second?) month out, I lost a grand total of ONE pound, and I was beyond pissed. When the plateau ended, I lost SEVEN pounds overnight. Literally overnight.

As much as a pain in the ass a plateau is, try your best to ride it out without getting too frustrated.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

MARIA F.
on 8/11/11 10:38 am - Athens, GA

33 pounds since June is awesome!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Most Active