HEARTBURN -ANYONE HAD THIS??

SpikyP L.
on 8/16/11 3:38 am - NM
I had my surgery one week ago.  On Saturday, I went to the emergency room to have the band loosened as I was so nausiated and throwing up.  I have been on clear liquids as I have pain from shoulder to shoulder in front and down my throat, it feels like I am swallowing a tennis ball.  Has anyone had this and how long before it went away.  I am hungry but I can't eat because of the pain and nausia even though I am on nausia medicine.  I have an appointment today to take sometype of swallow test.  In the mean time I am hurting bad.  I am wondering if I made a mistake? 
Lisa O.
on 8/16/11 4:13 am - Snoqualmie, WA

I'm so sorry you're having issues.  Your surgeon must do a primer fill because many come out of surgery with no fluid in their band so being too tight 1 week out wouldn't have been an issue.  With that said, I did have a 3cc primer fill and was fine, but one thing you'll learn is that :
1.  Every individual's experience with the band is different
2.  The band can be fickle and be tight one week and loose the next.

I'm glad they are doing a swallow test to check everything out.  In the meantime you should be on liquids only.  If you're hungry use protein shakes to fill you up and make sure you are getting the protein and nutrients you need.  Other than that, anything liquid, broths, zero calorie flavored water, iced tea, hot tea, SF popcicles and jello, etc.

Please keep us posted after your swallow test.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

mikedanziger
on 8/16/11 6:07 am
I had my lap-band surgey 6/2006 and remember the difficulties I had
Let me tell you it is worh it
even though I have regained weight
my overall health has improved greatly
work with your doctor and it should be ok
 HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEREEEEEEEEE
Most Active