HEARTBURN - YESTERDAY'S POST UPDATE

SpikyP L.
on 8/17/11 12:12 pm - NM
Hello, I joined yesterday because I am one week past the surgery.  I went to the emergency room last Saturday as I was having massive heartburn and nausia.  They removed 2.5 ccs of fluid, rehydrated me, gave me nausia medication and sent me home.  Sunday and Monday I continued to have bad heartburn, it hurt soooo bad, and the nausia was soo bad also.  I haven't eaten nothing but a little boullion and juice still, cannot eat anything.  Last week after 48 hours post op I had a litle yogurt but stopped, couldn't eat.  I went to the hospital yesterday and the nurse removed 1 cc more of liquid from the band, which helped tremendously.  she said it should be empty by now.  They gave me a steroid shot and said it should help the swelling inside, and told me to continue on clear liquids, which I have done.  I am feeling much better today.  Yesterday was so bad that I cried in the car, it hurt so bad!  But, again, today I am much better.  I am hoping that on Friday when I go see her, she will say it is safe to start on yogurt and soup again.  I assume they will leave the band open until my body heals.  She said my body was fighting the band and that I was swollen inside.  I am hoping the worst is over.  Just wanted to update you.  I hear everyone's problems are different and that some people don't have problems.  Mine was bad, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks for your comments.  Thiswebside has really helped me.  Pat
debbie H.
on 8/17/11 12:46 pm - AR
Pat, so sorry to hear you have had this much trouble.  I'm glad you are doing better and certainly hope it continues.  Keep us posted!

mimax4
on 8/17/11 1:24 pm
Pat,
Hope you are feeling better today.  I had surgery in December and had a really rough summer..I couldn't hold much down..just like you are describing.  I went for my 3rd unfill today and can notice the difference.  The belching and vomitting have stopped.  I wish you luck as you continue to recover.  Be well!
Lynn        
whatadream
on 8/17/11 10:00 pm - NH
Glad to hear your feeling better !!
Most Active