whohohooo!! 3rd fill!

Jshivery
on 8/23/11 11:17 am
Revision on 03/10/16
I went yesterday to get my 3rd fill.  I am down 43lbs, its 5th months since surgery today!!  He was pleased, (I was  little bit disappointed w/ the weight loss, but I will take it).  So I got another 1 cc in an 11 cc band, so that is a total of 7 ccs.  I can DEFIANTLY feel restriction.  Good restriction!!  The PA said that most of his patients get great results between 6-8 cc's....Hoping the weight continues to come off!!

Karebear79
on 8/23/11 12:14 pm
Fantastic!!!

I go on Thursday for my 2nd fill and I'm hoping for some restriction.

~Karen~

6cc's in a 10cc band
debbie H.
on 8/24/11 2:25 am - AR
Good for you, Jamie, I'm 2 months further along than you with only about the same weight loss.  But I'm OK with it because the scale keeps going down.  I'm just about the smallest I've been in the last 10 or 12 years.  Been here before, but never made it into Onederland.  Gonna get a small fill next Tue.  Probably needed one before, but kinda got scared to have a fill after one of the support group meetings we had on what overfills can do to you and your pouch and esophogus.  I don't PB, or have reflux, but am afraid I will.  Wishing you continued luck.  YOU are doing GREAT!  ~Debbie~

Jshivery
on 8/24/11 8:32 am
Revision on 03/10/16
Thanks Miss Debbie!!  You are doing great too!!!  How much fill do you have in your band and what size is your band? 

Its weird to finally feel restriction.  I actually ate 3 of those crackers w/ chz in the middle and it took my hunger away!  whooohoohooo!!  it was great! 

I haven't ever PB, vomit or anything like that.  I do get heartburn, but thats nothing new and only if I eat something spicy! 

Good luck honey and keep me posted!

debbie H.
on 8/24/11 10:42 am - AR
I know it sounds crazy to say, but I really don't know the answer to your questions.  I had 5.2 at one time then I got 2 slight unfills and 1 slight fill.  Then I got scared and told them I didn't need a fill a few times.  Last count I think I was 4.8 cc's.  And when I asked about the limit my band would hold, was told there wasn't really a limit????  Probably asked the wrong person.

Lin_2
on 8/29/11 1:25 am
Congrats! Sounds like you are doing great!!
I think I had "restriction" even though I didn't have a fill, I could only eat 3-4 ounces of food at a time, but now I can eat more and feel hungry more frequently. I will likely be getting a fill at my next visit in a couple weeks. I think I'll need it.
I'm glad you are feeling restriction, hope it helps keep the weight coming off!

Most Active