Looking for BOBsters

alaja957
on 8/23/11 8:06 am
Cross posted from the revision board because they are a little less supportive of bands.  I had RNY 3 years ago and gained most of my weight back. 

"I got my upper endoscopy today.  My pouch is nice and tiny but the lower stoma has blown out and is bigger around than a golf ball.  I know I have posted here with my struggle choosing between a BOB and a DS. My doctor wants me to go the BOB route because that's the surgery he does.  And what he said makes sense that the band would return me to a functioning RNY by putting something that could act as that lower stoma. 

That said, I know many people here are DS supporters but for now I am going to keep looking into the BOB.. "

So bobsters please let me know your experiences. 
Jean M.
on 8/23/11 11:15 am
Revision on 08/16/12
One of our successful BOBsters, Lisabeezee, is taking an OH break to deal with a family tragedy.. If you're desperate for response, I can ask her to check in on this thread, but I can't promise when she'll be able to respond.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Most Active