Back pain, full feeling,

CScott0925
on 8/26/11 10:56 am
So I got a 2nd fill this week. I cannot poop, I feel full, and my back hurts! Help! Any ideas or thoughts?

Hislady
on 8/26/11 12:41 pm - Vancouver, WA
Sounds like a bad case of constipation, try some milk of magnesia. We often have issues with constipation so try to get in some fiber and drink lots of water. I use fiber tablets that Walgreens carries, they are chewable strawberry flavored. Good luck to you!
Lisa O.
on 8/27/11 12:47 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Get used to it!  Constipation is very common when you're eating a high protein diet.  I'm almost 3 years out and I still struggle with it.  When you get blocked like that take Milk of Magnesia.  Then, get a soluable fiber supplement like Benefiber, etc. to add to your water or coffee DAILY.  You need to keep ahead of the constipation!

Constipation will cause back pain too.

Take care,
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

CScott0925
on 8/27/11 2:59 am
Thanks Lisa,

I was naughty this week and did not do my benefiber. I usually drink it every other day or switch to daily if I do not have any movement - forgive the pun. I feel so much better today!

Carrie

jacreasy
on 8/27/11 1:52 am
VSG on 04/23/12
Hey im new to this site and thinking of doing the lapband, can you tell me how this is working for you and what type of foods make you sick or what type od pueed food your eating or have eaten?? I started the process but I wont be able to do it til next march or april so my ins. will pay for it.

Thanks Jen
CScott0925
on 8/27/11 3:13 am
Jen,

I had lapband surgery on June 28th and feel like a new kid still. I have lost about 25 pounds, whi*****ludes the pounds I lost on my pre-surgery diet. I have already had two fills, one at 6 weeks and then other at 8 weeks, which was just this week.

My biggest win is that I am off all of my medication with the exception of that which I take for my thyroid. I was taking daily medication for diabetes, migraines, hormones, and zoloft. I feel the difference this week with my latest fill and finally have restriction. This was a great decision for me and I am so happy. That being said, it is a very personal decision and one that you have to make for yourself based on your intention to be committed.

I wish you the very best luck,
Carrie

fullnest
on 8/27/11 4:33 am - OR
 Yep!!!  i take dulcolax every other day-small little pill.  And eh-hem-coffee in the morning, though I heard a no-no, helps to hahaha!!!  But plenty of fiber and benefiber should keep you ahead of the game-which you always want to be in this case...
Lin_2
on 8/29/11 2:11 am
I was warned by my doc and by my friends who have had WLS as well as those on Atkins or high protein, low fat diets, that constipation is a killer! 
It has been terrible for me because I've also been on narcotics a few times since my lap band due to other surgeries and injuries.
I have taken milk of magnesia, and currently I take benefiber in my water (I can't taste it after it's been dissolved for 30-60 seconds). I also occasionally take Mirilax if I need it.
Make sure you KEEP UP with your 64 oz of water too. The doc said three things are vital: walking (which helps the bowels move), water (keeps things working too) and fiber. They also emphasized that I cannot stop these things or trouble will ensue (and it has!!)
I don't even question or think about it.. I have benefiber in my morning water, then 3pm and 7pm. I write it on my cup. I also walk daily, and track my water. It helps!!
Good luck!

Mahana
on 9/6/11 5:19 pm - AZ
I make a morning smoothie of almond milk...an entire avacado and some splenda..and a little vanilla extract...oh and 5 ice cubes. It's delicious...nutrient filled and qvacado is high in fiber. I have a BM usually within 45 mins !!!!
-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
Most Active