Failed bands.

qmed2002
on 9/16/11 6:48 am
I want to know what band you have if you had a failed band? Realize or Lap-band. Thanks.

BuckeyeGirl
on 9/16/11 7:13 am - TN
I had the lap band.

MARIA F.
on 9/16/11 8:39 am - Athens, GA

I have Lap-Band also. However I do see a high incidence of Realize band failures as well. And I know personally from speaking with EES (Realize) that they do not stand behind their product anymore than Allergan does. :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

mira
on 9/18/11 12:46 pm - North, MA
"I have Lap-Band also. However I do see a high incidence of Realize band failures as well."

Where do you see this, any numbers or studies?
Mira
Size 8

Dedi
on 9/16/11 11:16 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
I have the realize band, and have had no problems with the band itself.  When I lost the weight the port started to move, but when I had my TT the dr reattached it and now I hardly know its there.

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Nic M
on 9/17/11 12:06 am
I had the lapband. It was one of the 4 cc ones that they used back in the dinosaur days.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 2:06 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I had two lap bands, but the reason you see more lap bands then Realize bands fail is because Allergan
( makers of the lap band ) dominates the band market and Johnson & Johnson makers of the Realize band as far as I know don't even advertise their product. Most surgeons participate and get their credentials through Allergans banding program.
Most Active