a topic no one wants to talk about :/ sorry

thiknena19
on 9/23/11 10:36 am - bronx, NY
my surgery was on monday and yesterday was when i finally started pooping, i been pooping non stop since yesterday with diahrea like symptoms :/ i look very pale and i felt dizzy all day. i have taken my vitamins and my shakes,soup, jello, popsicle and diet snapple and nothing helps... i need some advice on what 2 do, im very scared
MARIA F.
on 9/23/11 10:49 am - Athens, GA

Liquids in, liquids out. That is often the case. If you have been going non stop  since yesterday though you might need to go into ER and have them get some fluids in you. You do NOT want to dehydrate. Keep us updated!

FormerlyFluffy.com

thiknena19
on 9/23/11 11:11 am - bronx, NY
will take my protein shake again now maybe im not taking enough :? i havent been taking it three times but once or twice... thank you for your response will go to the er if i dont feel better
MARIA F.
on 9/23/11 11:26 am - Athens, GA

If you've got diarrhea that bad you need a lot more fluids than usual. Do you have any Gatorade/Poweraid/G2/PoweraidZero? drink that also to rehydrate and keep your electrolytes in balance.

FormerlyFluffy.com

thiknena19
on 9/23/11 11:29 am - bronx, NY
will ask my boyfriend for some :) thanx
Jo 1962
on 9/24/11 12:13 am - NearHouston, TX
BTW, I think no one is adding any more advice here because Maria F. said it so well!  HYDRATE 

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

mylove31
on 9/24/11 10:05 am - ft.polk, LA
my first week i was still having a lot of diahrea they said that bc i had to drink that whole bottle of laxative pre-surgery to clean out it would still be kickin my butt for that week. also u arent making shakes with milk? everyone tells me dairy products are a huge no-no for atleast a few months. just make sure u stay on water, and trust me it stops and then comes the constapation. im three weeks out and everyday has been very hard but seems to get better a bit each day.... good luck :}
thiknena19
on 9/25/11 3:06 am - bronx, NY
my surgeon actually recomend i have skim plus lactaid with the shake 3 times a day, problem is im so full from drinking 3 ounces :/ and im not getting enought fluids. i got some gatorade but and trying to get those 4ounces every hour... i am a week out tomorrow and i feel awesome... i love my band!!!!
Most Active