lower stomach pain :(

thiknena19
on 10/9/11 11:31 pm - bronx, NY

I am 4 weeks post op and love my band but i been getting this unconfortable lower stomach pain so annoying since i have to get up and go to work and dont have time to lounge around. It started yesterday after i used the bathroom, it feels like pressure on my lower belly and stomach :/ could it be how i sleep? face down? or is it the damm gasses?  

Jean M.
on 10/10/11 12:30 am
Revision on 08/16/12
Sounds like gas to me.

If your incisions aren't still too tender, you can try this trick that a nurse showed me a while back.
Get a stool, hassock, or armless chair. Lie face down on it with your abdomen centered on the seat and gently rock back and forth, letting the weight of your body help move the gas around...and eventually out...

Jean

P.S. Back in the olden days when I still menstruated, my cramps felt like what you're describing, so I suppose the cause of your pain could be something going on in your pelvic region rather than your digestive tract.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

Lisa O.
on 10/10/11 2:29 am - Snoqualmie, WA
It can also be constipation.  This is a chronic problem for most of us on a high protein, low carb/fiber diet.  Make sure you are doing whatever it takes to "go" every day.  If you don't contipation can cause pressure that sometimes feels like stomach pain. 

I recommend Benefiber, or Smoothe Move tea, or Milk of Magnesia if you're totally blocked. 

I know, TMI, but we're all friends here, right?

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

carriesb
on 10/10/11 3:24 pm
Yeah sounds like gas to me I get the generic Gas X from walmart the chewable tablets they are a Godsend and if your constipated that can also cause this so other words what they said. Hope you feel better soon.
thiknena19
on 10/11/11 11:34 pm - bronx, NY
THANK YOU GUYS, saw my surgeon yesterday he said its reflux :? he prescribe something which im not even going to get at my pharmacy. i refuse to be on meds lol but i feel better!!! no pain these two days :)

Most Active