Eating to mch or not enough?

jlo669
on 10/27/11 3:30 am - bohemia, NY
Breakfast onw egg over easy and one egg white peppers,onions and cheese.

Lunch- Wendy's small chili and side salad

Dinner- Turkey burger 99% fat free meat and 1% cottage cheese and ketchup.

I don't think it is but I am not really losing anything should I add or take something out and comments would be appreciated!

Thanks!!!
Kate -True Brit
on 10/27/11 4:03 am - UK

Well I eat and have always eaten a lot more than that.

I don't know the sizes of prortions but I think that must be well under 1000 cals? I never ate under 1200. It sounds counterintuitive but some people find that eating too little slows long term loss. And it certainly makes regain more likely.

But people will probably post to say they eat less than you do! We are llo cifferent.

Ate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jlo669
on 10/27/11 4:40 am - bohemia, NY
Thanks Kate.  I'm not sure if i am or not but hopefully I will start losing again.
kacs85
on 10/27/11 11:52 am - PA
It doesn't sound like it is a lot but double check and measure your portions and then calculate your calories. I don't know how far out you are but the longer you go the harder it is to lose. I also don't know what your exercise level is.
Your body becomes more efficient and will go into starvation mode. It will then hold on to fat stores.
It sometimes helps to mix things up. If you eat the same things all the time, try something different. Up your calories a bit for a few days then drop them back down. Change your exercise if you are doing the same thing all the time. Change the intensity level for a few days.
These are a few things that have helped me jump start losses again or have assisted in getting past a plateau.
Good Luck!
Kim

steelerfan1
on 10/27/11 11:41 pm
I found I was eating to little calories for me. The last two weeks I have  upped my calories  I was only eating between 800 to 1000 calories per day .  Now I am eating between 1400 to 1700 calories per day .  I dont say I have to eat this many calories I just make sure I am between them two numbers everyday.

Last week I lost 5 pounds and this week I lost another 2 by eating more .

I get my meals in and I eat three snacks a day .  My snacks are like carrots, apples, bananas things like that .

Upping my calories worked for me .   My metabolism came to a crawl because I wasn't eating enough calories for my body .  Once I started to eat again then the weight started to drop off again :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

jlo669
on 10/28/11 3:07 am - bohemia, NY
Thanks everyone I thought I was eating just enough but maybe I am not eating enough.  My portions are small I eat the serving amount.
kathkeb
on 10/28/11 8:43 am
When I was losing, I ate more often than that ----

Breakfast -- about 150 calories (greek yogurt most days)
Snack -- about 100 calories (low-fat cheese stick or small banana)
Lunch -- about 250 calories (tuna salad, some whole-grain crackers, some veggies)
Snack -- about 100 calories (low-fat cheese stick or a small piece of fruit)
Dinner -- about 300 calories (3 ounces of meat, some veg, 1/4 of a baked sweet potato or brown rice)
Snack -- about 100 calories (pudding snack or yogurt)

So, somewhere around 1,000 calories a day -- spread out.

I always thought it was  better to eat small meals more frequently than to eat too much at one meal.
I was a little obsessed with not stretching my pouch

You might consider increasing your calories by 100 - 200 a day for a week, and see if that changes how you feel and how the scale acts.
Kath

Most Active