Lap Band Leak...

DonnaMaria
on 10/31/11 2:42 am, edited 10/31/11 2:50 am
So, I just came back from the doctor and he says I have a leak. They did not put die into check, he went by the fact that there was no fluid when he checked the cc's. They are going to take my old lap band out and put in a new one. I have heard of people having their band fixed which seems like a much less invasive surgery.
The funny thing is that they are not requiring me to have all the testing I had pre-surgery last time. Doesn't that seem weird? Last time I had to have loads of tests done before surgery. What do you all think?
Kate -True Brit
on 10/31/11 3:09 am - UK

With me, they checked I had a leak by putting in dye and then I had a quick op to repair it. No-one suggested a new band. As mine is one of the old 4 cc ones, I might have agreed. But my old one seems fine now! Did he say why he wants you to get a new band?

We don't have all the tests over here in the UK anyway! So you not having them the second time round doesn't seem a big deal to me! We have the basic pre-anaesthesia checks ( ecg, blood work, lung function etc.) but that's it. 

Best wishes. Hope all goes smoothly. 

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Lisa O.
on 10/31/11 3:18 am - Snoqualmie, WA
They probably aren't requiring all the tests because you are no longer morbidly obese!  Surgery will be a lot safer for you this time around. 

I had a partial hysterectomy last year which was a very similar surgery to lap band and was confused as to why I didn't have the same amount of trouble and pain getting up from a laying down position.  It didn't dawn on me but my husband noted, "Well, do you think maybe that having 100+ less pounds to lift might be making the difference?"  Duh! 

I bet you'll find it a breeze!

Lisa O.

P.S.  I used to live in Ridgewood and loved that town!  Perfectly picturesque!  Is Bagelicious still there?  I blame them for at least 10 lbs of weight gain!  Loved those fresh bagels!

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

DonnaMaria
on 10/31/11 5:16 am
Lisa,
Bagelicious is still there! I live on the Midland Park side of Ridgewood so do not frequent the place.
I just looked at your profile. Congratulations on your photo shoot. What are they using the photo for?
Lisa O.
on 10/31/11 7:21 am - Snoqualmie, WA
My first apartment is Jersey was in Midland Park.  Right on that main street (can't remember the name) after it curves to the right going up the hill.  It was the upstairs of an old house.  I work for Nordstrom and moved to NJ twice for my job.  The first time from 91-94 and then from 96-99.  My second apartment was in Ridgewood up on the hill over looking Bagelicious and the train and the second time I lived there I lived in Montclair.  I love Northern NJ it actually reminds me of Washington state.

The photo is for the hospitals new website for Bariatrics.  I don't think it's up and running yet.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

shellqueen
on 10/31/11 4:55 am - New Brighton, MN
The tests you are referring to the WLS tests for the Band? You don't have to do those over since you had WLS. Now, is it the band being replaced or the Port? My port had to be replaced 2 times- it is a much easier surgery but if its the band I don't know. K
Most Active