Hernia?

Melanie D.
on 11/10/11 2:37 am
Hi! Six months after my ulcers my Dr. wanted me to have another EGD since I was still having heartburn.  Had it done yesterday and they told me I have a hiatial hernia.  Anyone every have this with their lap band? Is it something that requires surgery definitely? Haven't heard from my band Dr. yet and am just kind of wondering what is required to fix this.  I barely have any fluid in my band due to the ulcers and GERD. He removed most of my fluid to allow me time to heal up. 

Just not sure what the next step is and my Dr reduced his hours due to a job change so I may not hear from him for a few days. 

thanks!

Melanie
carol468
on 11/10/11 3:49 am
Melanie,

I had a hiatal hernia, the doctor discovered and repaired it while doing my lap band surgery,  I didn't even know I had one.  I was in alot of pain after my surgery, but the pain medication helped some.  Good luck to you...
Bette B.
on 11/10/11 4:21 am
 I got one about 2 years after I got my band. Ignoring it - and the vomiting it caused - caused my band to slip, so don't take a HH lightly. And yes, it had to be fixed surgically.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Most Active