OT: Should I treat myself

Evelyn M.
on 11/14/11 3:48 am - United Kingdom
  Hi you guys,

I think I had quite a rough year- not too bad, yet not the easiest. I have had my surgery (and experienced the worst hospital treatment of all times), I have had a car accident that was followed by many, many physiotherapy sessions. I had a lot of trouble at work (my manager's manager telling me I was immature, frustrated and angry simply because I did not apply for a role they apparently created for me), I lost GBP 500 to a private doctor, who could not even help me with my diverticulitis.
So, I was thinking, it may be time for a treat! I would like to buy myself something really nice. Is it something completely unnecessary? Yes, it is! Is it something that I can financially afford? Well, not necessarily, but I would recover after a few month. Check it out:

http://www.ernestjones.co.uk/webstore/d/8998442/the+one+hund red+diamond+christmas+cluster+ring/

What do you ladies think? Shall I do it?
Roll on weight loss!

Bubble S.
on 11/14/11 6:36 am
Put the crappy last year behind you and do things that make you happy.

If you don't want it you can always buy it for me. I think it is beautiful. 

I was feeling a little guilty because I just bought my 3rd pair of boots this morning.  (3 pairs in the last month)     Life is too short  I say.  Go for it.  It is only money LOL
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Kate -True Brit
on 11/14/11 8:50 am - UK
 Treat yourself - yes. But not with something which will have to be resized several times over the next year!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

bdisaia
on 11/14/11 9:22 am - MA
DO IT !! LOVE IT !! We all deserve something a little special every now and then!!

MARIA F.
on 11/14/11 11:12 am - Athens, GA

Do it! Sometimes we need to be impractical and do things for us! :-) The only suggestion I can make is compare prices. Sometimes you can get the same, or similar items cheaper. It always pays to comparison shop. Also I don't know if they have something similar in the UK, but in the USA  we have a major shopping day called Black Friday. It's the Fri. after Thanksgiving and most of the stores have some items at great prices that day................and then the following Monday is Cyber Monday. Same thing, but online discounts.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Kate -True Brit
on 11/14/11 4:02 pm - UK
 I've heard f those discount days. Don't happen in the UK.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

twoxover
on 11/14/11 9:50 pm - waterford, NJ
Dang!  that's some really really pretty bling!  Not for me to say if you should get it or not, but DANG! 
Betsey

Evelyn M.
on 11/15/11 5:15 am - United Kingdom
 Thank you ladies! I shall check out my finances and let's see if the bling is in real life still so pretty :))
Roll on weight loss!

Most Active