sugar free candie?!!?

thiknena19
on 11/25/11 12:21 am - bronx, NY

On my run to Ride Aid this morning for vitamins i came across many sugar free candie. I heard of sugar free gum but can candie be sugar free? most of them had sugar from alcohol. ARE THESE things safe for someone who is trying to lose weight? i am not a sweets person but i like to keep stuff in my bag i can get to when hunger strikes!!!!

steelerfan1
on 11/25/11 12:27 am
I always keep sugar free candy in my purse and in my candy bowl  for after meals to get the taste out of my mouth till I can drink something again.

I love Werthers apple cinnammon sugar free candy its yummy. 

Now I dont like the sugar free chocolate of any kind. I think it has a funky taste to it and I just dont like it .
thiknena19
on 11/27/11 10:18 pm - bronx, NY
i tried the lifesavers cherry, they are deli-sh and also my friend gave me some jolly rancher sugar free.
wont be trying anything else sugar free afraid of all the calories

thanks for the response

MARIA F.
on 11/25/11 5:17 am - Athens, GA

Are they safe? About as safe as anything.

I get the sugar free hard candies for my husband all the time. He is diabetic. I will sometimes get sf candies or cookies, but I am often amazed at how many calories are in some items that are sf or nsa! Also if you read the labels, some of the sf item have serving sizes that are very small.

I use the DaVinci sf syrups a lot. They have tons of flavors and that way it give me more variety when I am doing protein drinks, Greek yogurt and oatmeal.

FormerlyFluffy.com

thiknena19
on 11/27/11 10:21 pm - bronx, NY
oh the calories!!!!!!! i read labels and only get what i think i can have low in calories :) i dont like adding anything to the greak yogurt or oatmeal so dont need the extra calories...)

thanks for the response
MARIA F.
on 11/28/11 12:41 am - Athens, GA
On November 28, 2011 at 6:21 AM Pacific Time, thiknena19 wrote:
oh the calories!!!!!!! i read labels and only get what i think i can have low in calories :) i dont like adding anything to the greak yogurt or oatmeal so dont need the extra calories...)

thanks for the response
I could be mistaken, but I don't think there are any calories in the DaVinci SF's. I use them a lot b/c it helps with variety. Greek yogurt doesn't have as many flavors as the regular or light yogurt, so I get the vanilla and just add the DaVinci SF. I've got about 8 or 10 flavors at the house, so keeps me from getting board with the same flavors (They actually have about 50 sf flavors on their website!). And with the oatmeal I usually just do the almond, or occasionally the pumpkin pie and it has an awesome taste!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 11/25/11 8:51 am - Vancouver, WA
I use them once in awhile, jus****ch out for the sugar alcohols they can send you flying to the bathroom often if you eat too many of them. Sometimes they can cause alot of painful gas too. They are good as long as you don't over do.
thiknena19
on 11/27/11 10:27 pm - bronx, NY
i actually like the fact that they send me to the bathroom keeps me regular, u know how much being constipated sucks lol and dont eat many just 1 or 2 thru out the day:)

thanks

thiknena19
on 11/27/11 10:15 pm - bronx, NY
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/11 10:44 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
Most Active