Band has slipped, have a question

Sally L.
on 12/2/11 10:45 am
After 4 1/2 years of being banded, I just found out that my band has slipped.  I have had very few incidences of vomitting over the 4 1/2 years, and had no symptoms to suggest my band had slipped.  I had a bad stuck episode in 2009, which led to a partial unfill of the band, followed by a complete unfill later when my pouch seemed to be trying to prolapse.  I have not really had any restriction since the trouble in 2009, and I have slowly regained 35 pounds of the 110 pounds that I lost. 

Two weeks ago, when they told me my band slipped, they took out about 2 cc's, leaving me with 3.2 in the band, but they told me they could never fill it again.  They said they would call my insurance company about what my options were, but they said since I wasn't experiencing symptoms like vomitting or dehydration, that I could probably leave the band in if I wanted. 

I am not sure if this is in my head or not since I know the band is slipped, but I feel like there may be a problem.  I have been severely constipated for a few days, and the straining has caused the area around my port to be really sore.  I have also been very gasey, and I feel like my stomach is swelling.  Has anyone experienced this, or am I a nut?

SALLY - banded May 9, 2007 Check out my new fun fall photos!

Evelyn M.
on 12/2/11 11:04 pm - United Kingdom
 Hi Sally, so sorry to hear you are having problems. I didn't have any problems with my band, but if I were you I would probably get a second opinion. Hope you are not experiencing any bad symptoms!
All the best!
Roll on weight loss!

Most Active