Goal Reached - Then What?

MsWildfire
on 12/6/11 3:23 am - Milford, OH
Well, I am 10 lbs. away from reaching my goal of 128 lbs. lost/being at 145.  The reason I originally picked this weight loss amount was because it gets me into the "normal" range of the BMI.  So, once goal is met then what?  How/when does it sink in that aren't "fat" anymore.  When do you start seeing yourself as you really are?  I don't plan on getting plastic surgery, don't have the money. 

Would just love to here from those that have met goal or are close to it.

Thanks,
Jodie

NanaB.
on 12/6/11 3:51 am

Congrats to being at GOAL!!, don't stop what you are doing, if your band is a bit tight, you may want to ease off restriction just a tad bit, and practice your lifestyle change, if you continue to exercise and eat right focusing on lean proteins and veggies most of the time, maintaining your weight with the band should not be difficult...your difficult part is over.

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Kate -True Brit
on 12/6/11 4:14 am - UK
 Just enjoy it! I expected mainenance to be hard but t is easier than losing.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

kathkeb
on 12/6/11 4:48 am
I attend Weigh****cher's -- so when I got to goal, I followed their program to add about 100 calories a day and check my weight weekly to see if that let me maintain.

I added/subtracted in 50 calorie increments after that to see where I need to be -- so, now, most days I can eat between 1,500 and 1,800 calories and maintain my weight.

As far as seeing myself as I am now, it helped alot to have my husband take pictures of me with other people -- once I could see myself as the same size as some of my friends, it began to sink in that I had really changed. 

It took me 18 months to get to goal --- it has taken longer to see myself at my new size.
At Thanksgiving, I snuck into my sister's room and tried on some of her size 6 jeans -- and they fit.

I have been wearing my own size 6 and 8 jeans, but it was not until HER pants fit me that I realized that I am the same approximate size she is ------ that is still taking time to sink in!
Kath

MsWildfire
on 12/8/11 10:38 pm - Milford, OH

Thanks for all those that replied!  I've taken alot of my clothes in...maybe I'll wait till spring to buy a new wardrobe.  I just went last month and had my band filled. I was at .75 and went to .80.  Maybe while I'm off on xmas break I should go out trying on clothes!!

Most Active