What do you eat for lunch ?

songbird5769
on 12/6/11 2:27 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11

what do you guys eat for lunch?  I keep getting stuck on dei ham or turkey an need ome new ideas.

Tooty
on 12/6/11 2:29 am - Germantown, TN
Today I had a very small piece of Bacon & Cheese Quiche ;o)

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Kate -True Brit
on 12/6/11 2:33 am - UK
 Depending on where I am and whether I am working.

1/2 a jacket potato with grated hard cheese
Crackers and cheese
Thick soup and 1/2 a granary roll
Fish fingers ( sticks to you!! )
2 eggs on toast
Cold chicken
Cottage cheese witn crackers
1/2 any sort of sandwich
Left overs from the night before.

In fact, anything and everything!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

NanaB.
on 12/6/11 2:33 am

Tuna salad today w/crackers, but egg salad, moist chicken and yogurt are good choices for me too, or some type of refried beans with salsa and melted cheese, I used to eat that frequently while losing weight.

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

kathkeb
on 12/6/11 4:44 am
tuna salad or egg salad or chicken salad with some low-fat wheat thins and some sliced cucumbers

I also buy the frozen meatballs and throw them in the crockpot with some bbq sauce and then eat a few of those with some veggie
Kath

steelerfan1
on 12/6/11 4:47 am
I went to the Olive Garden today for lunch it was yummy and I was a good girl :o)

I did not eat a single bread stick even though they looked yummy lol.

I had a nice small salad to start off with waited 25 min and then had 3 pieces of steak , 3 pieces of chicken which was grilled and then I had grilled veggies.

It was delish !!

steelerfan1
on 12/6/11 4:58 am

Songbird I love to get them Purdue perfect portion single chicken breasts those come in so handy.  Sometimes I cook it in Italian dressing, sometimes BBQ sauce and last night I cooked it in a little white wine that was yummy.

Its the perfect portion , I will eat that maybe some cottage cheese with it and some veggies . Makes a nice lunch.

Also I dont stay away from the breads like alot of the girls do on here .  I buy that Low Carb mission soft taco tortilla shell. Its low in carbs, and very high in fiber and some protein .  It has like 13 grams of fiber in it .

I like to take that two stea**** , green peppers, mushrooms, onions and some Swiss cheese and make me a Philly cheese steak out of it .

Refried beans, with melted cheese, salsa, and sour cream that is yummy also .

sometimes I make Quesadillas with refried beans, cheese and salsa.  I use my low carb high fiber tortilla.  I make them when I am going to be doing my Zumba for a hour then a 30 min of strength training I need them carbs that day.   That is not a every day meal . I eat this maybe every couple of weeks .

Denise M.
on 12/6/11 5:41 am
Stuck-stuck?  Or stuck in a rut stuck?  

I had tex mex chicken wtih roasted red peppers from a recipe that I adapted from Cooking Light.  

I used to eat it with white rice, but now I just have the chicken and sauce (red peppers, red onions, cumin, cilantro, garlic) with a serving of grated Monterey Jack cheese.  I don't miss the rice.

The dense protein in this keeps me fuller than something like a Lean Cuisine.  I wish I could do things like tuna salad, but damn, I'd be gnawing my arm off after about an hour due to hunger.

Good luck coming up with variety--maybe turkey meatballs might be a good alternate.  I do that sometimes if I don't have time to prepare a meal to portion out for several days.  It's a lazy and easy go to meal.

There are some good bariatric surgery cookbooks and blogs out there with lots of ideas.

songbird5769
on 12/6/11 8:41 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 07/07/11

stuck- stuck. I must not be chewing well enough.

Kate -True Brit
on 12/6/11 6:12 pm - UK
 Sorry, misread, thought you meant stuck in a rut. You should be able to eat moist meats, it may well be as you say, more chewing needed!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Most Active