I am a BAD Girl

jessielynn0521
on 12/13/11 6:15 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
I had my endoscopy done 1 week ago & Dr wanted me on liquid diet for 2 weeks.  I have been starving so I called them yesterday to see if I could have some mushies & the NP told me absolutely not.  Well that pissed me off considering I am hungry feel like I can eat the house down and have been mad at the world since being back on liquids.  So today I said screw and for lunch had some spinach & salmon.  OMG it tasted soooo good.  I know I am gonna get yelled at  how do yall do the liquids for weeks I did not have so much trouble before surgery and post op but this time it has been hell.  The soups, protein shakes nothing is satisfying me (other than my fish and spinach).....HELP

Jessica

Jo 1962
on 12/13/11 8:01 am - NearHouston, TX
Not sure if you want helpful hints, a hug, a pat on the back or kick in the a@@  ...either way, you will get it all I'm sure. Only you can keep you on track though.  Two weeks? meh. You can do that. 

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

jessielynn0521
on 12/13/11 8:23 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
lol think I could use a little of all of the above.  I did two weeks before no problem my pre-op was over a month of liquids due to the hurricane we had in NY  I had no problem at all no problem post op  but this time I am like hell on wheels over here. 

Jessica

Janine P.
on 12/13/11 9:48 pm - Long Island, NY
Hey Pretty - I live about 30 minutes from you.

You've got to keep the end in sight.  Every moment you're ready to cave in and go for solids, just say "Ten more days... Just ten more days..."

You can do it!!

Janine   Me on Youtube 

Evelyn M.
on 12/14/11 12:25 am - United Kingdom
 oh yeah, I was really nasty to everybody around me- see what lack of food does to me! However, I found out a few things:

1) I am an excellent soup-maker
2) seeing the pounds dropping is much more satisfying than fish and spinach 
and the most important:
My surgery went very well. There was a lady in the same room with me, and she was in already the second time- the first time she did not take the pre-op diet seriously. She came to her surgery, they opened her up, could not perform the surgery as the liver did not shrink enough and closed her up again. That why she had to come in a second time.Now that you surely don't want to happen, do you?
Not trying to scare you, only urging you to take it seriously, take it one day at a time!
Roll on weight loss!

jessielynn0521
on 12/14/11 1:01 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
Where on LI? 

I rock @ making soup just tired of eating it.  I have did well with my eating post-op was banded Sept. 1st  I think my fill was just too much & that is what caused the problem with me being unable to digest the meats. 

Jessica

Evelyn M.
on 12/14/11 2:03 pm - United Kingdom
 duh! Another thing I learnt: First read properly before you start sharing experience! :) Sorry Jessica, obviously that was not very helpful then.
In your case it is confession time: I went one day earlier from liquid to mushies, I could not do it either! :)
Roll on weight loss!

jessielynn0521
on 12/14/11 8:30 pm - Ronkonkoma, NY
oh I held the food down great but I went back to the liquids after I had my cheat meal.  I go Tues. to the Dr I am gonna do my best not to have another cheat meal before then.  The soups just do not do it for me 1 hr later I am starving.  We completely did a unfill so I am hungrier now than before I ever had the lap band done

Jessica

Most Active