no resistance!!1 still trying to eat as i used to but im left a little hungry

thiknena19
on 1/9/12 5:31 am - bronx, NY
surgery 9/19/2011
42 pounds lost so far, still eating small meals but I seem to be getting hungrier and hungrier. for my midday snack i always have 6 oz low fat yogurt and I would of been satisfy but today i had 6 oz yogurt and 30 mins later i felt like i hadn't eaten anything... Has that happen to you? i know its time for a fill but I'm soooo scare, haven't had any yet :/

also over the holidays the weight loss stopped because i do admit i had some of my favorite things but in really tiny portions + wine and alcohol drinks and i wasnt able to make it to the gym because i had the flu :/

Back on track now excercise and eating healthy need some pointers on how to not over eat or eat wrong things while i get my fill.

kathkeb
on 1/9/12 8:02 am
A few things come to mind

1.  you need a little fill -- I had a fill for about every 15 pounds I lost (every time I lost a pants size, I got a little fill, it seemed)

2.  yogurt is a slider food for me --- goes straight through -- it is good for the morning, but afternoon, or evening, it is just a snack and not a meal

Try eating LEAN/SOLID protein (about 3 ounces) and see if you are hungry after 30 minutes.

Also -- pointer number 1 -- cut out the liquid calories
pointer number 2 -- drink plenty of non-caloric (or very low calorie) beverages during the day
Kath

thiknena19
on 1/10/12 1:41 am - bronx, NY
made the appoinment for thursday, i am very scared of going on liquids agains and not being as strong as i was the first time around :/ i was 5 weeks on liquids and it was crazy!!!! i would eat more protein but i see it as a waste of money if i buy a chicken salad i wont be able to finish so i usually have 3-4 oz of oatmeal at lunch and leave the lean for dinner.

this is what my daily meals look like;
breakfast: 9am= 2 egg whites  
                   12pm= 6 oz yogurt
                     3pm= oatmeal with raisins
                     8pm= lean protein + veggies

in between i eat fruits and some pumkin seeds

crystal M.
on 1/9/12 9:10 am, edited 1/9/12 9:10 am - Joliet, IL

This is just me but fruit really fills me up...try adding some strawberries or blueberries to your yogurt.  For my midday snack I have 1/2 an apple with peanut butter...it's really yummy and filling. 

c_cubed
on 1/9/12 8:12 pm
You've lost 42lbs and you haven't had a fill yet!?  Congrats!!

Go get yourself adjusted!  Its really doesn't hurt, but most importantly, you've undergone the surgery, soley so that you could have restriction--now do it!  

You'll be amazed at how the smallest adjustment will make a difference!  Go for it!!
thiknena19
on 1/10/12 1:36 am - bronx, NY
no fills yet i had alot of restriction once i got the band but its seems to be fadding :/
made the appoinment for thrusday we will see how it goes...

thanx

Kitty_mom
on 1/10/12 12:14 am - New Maryland, Canada
The doctor can freeze your skin & you won't feel the fill needle at all.

thiknena19
on 1/10/12 1:35 am - bronx, NY
i heard that the injection to freeze hurts more then the actual fill? is this true

thanx

Kitty_mom
on 1/10/12 6:13 am - New Maryland, Canada
It does sting for a second, but sometimes they have to try more than once to hit the port.The freeze is one injection.  It hurts but I don't think it hurts more.

journeyseeker
on 1/10/12 5:44 am - dalton, GA
I just had my second fill today and to be honest I have not had any problems with it hurting. I wouldnt be scared of getting one it is just a little poke thats it.

Journeyseeker
Begining 6 mo supervised diet 4/15/2011---
385pre-op meeting w/ surgeon 10/3/2011 ---- 361
Begining of liquid diet 10/13/2011---- 359.00
Day of surgery 10/27/2011---- 349.6
1 week follow up 11/03/2011 ----340.00
1 month follow up 11/30/2011---346.00
2nd month follow up 1/10/2012---- 341.00

Most Active