4 months post op and feeling so freaking awesome

thiknena19
on 1/19/12 11:46 pm - bronx, NY
Yesterday was my 4th month bandiversary :)
Almost 50 pounds lighter, and i can truly say my band has been a blessing!!
To be honest everyday is a battle against obesity, i try my hardest to eat healthy and exercising and i take credit for every pound i have lost.

Total weight loss from my highest 80 pounds :)

80 more to go till goal :) lets go

Jean M.
on 1/19/12 11:51 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
You are awesome! Keep up the good work. Fighting obesity is indeed an everyday job, but totally worth it.

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

NanaB.
on 1/20/12 12:08 am
 Congrats! Keep on working that band!
 Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Thundergrrrl
on 1/20/12 12:27 am
That's so amazing!!! Keep it up!

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Kate -True Brit
on 1/20/12 12:37 am - UK

Keep going! You are doing a great job!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

marymcd54
on 1/20/12 1:25 am - Warwick, RI
congrats!
Marylmcd

thiknena19
on 1/20/12 1:26 am - bronx, NY
thank you guys... You are all inspirations i hope i am as sucessful as all of u!!

Anna H.
on 1/20/12 2:49 am - Lawrenceville, PA
You are doing such a good job. Keep up the good work.  :)
  1.           "Rescuing one dog will not change the world...But for that dog the world will be forever changed.
SpikyP L.
on 1/20/12 5:02 am - NM
Congratulations on the weight loss!!!!  But I am baffled.....it's been 5 months for me and the only weight I have lost to speak of was the 20 pounds before the lap band.....the pre-diet.  since the band I have lost ...maybe 5 pounds and that is it.  I have a 10cc band and now I am 6cc since yesterday.  We started slow cuz I had problems in the beggining.  3.5 ccs, then 1.5, now 1.0.  What do you eat daily??? Are you excercising like crazy????? I don't eat that much anymore, probably only 40% of what I used to take in, and not weight loss??? any suggestions?  SpikePL
thiknena19
on 1/20/12 6:10 am - bronx, NY
Thank You! :) 
thats would be a good mistery to solve, why arent you losing weight? I dont know what your initial weight was but people who are smaller do tend to lose slower. I only have had 1 fill and it was a real small one i can deffinitely eat more then i did a few weeks ago that was the reason for the fill but my surgeon didnt want to do a big fill since i am still losing. i have a very simple plan i follow, small meals every 3 hrs and if im still hungry i grab an apple or sugar free candy. (i have developed a sweet tooth after lap band- go figure lol) so i focus more on protein and drinking at least 40-50oz water. so for breakfast i have 1 large boiled egg or if im home i have scramble egg with slice of cheese and a slice of wheat -wait an hr- then liquids-- fat free yogurt-- wait an hr then drink water -- 4oz oatmeal with raisins- wait an hr then liquids and then i have a diner mostly chicken breast with veggies. I donot exercise like crazy i try to make it to the gym atleast 3 times a week and focus on cardio-cardio and more cardio. i work at a physical therapy office im pretty active all day long and every other day if dont make it to the gym i get on the bike and do 5 miles along with some weight training. Also i try not to be lazy i walk 4 blocks to work everyday in this freezing cold and take the stairs instead of the elevator oh and recently got some cardio exercise videos so i rotate then in the week. Yes i do have a cheat day and some lazy ones 2. We are all different this is the plan that works for me...
good luck i know this is not easy

Most Active