Ever feel so alone?

Kim U.
on 1/25/12 3:57 am
I think I just need to vent...

Do you ever feel so alone and like no one could ever possibly understand or relate. I'm having a tough time in so many areas of my life. LapBand is actually pretty ok I'm up only 6lbs but training for my next half marathon and feeling good about it. In the past I did best with a friend or two in training mode with me but this time I for sure have no one on my same level yet willing to put in the effort. I started with a new company back in Nov and don't know many people so feel almost as if I have no friends. I've never been good and quick at making friendships and  I'm at that age and stage in life that most of my friends are co workers because my old school friends live further away and we only get the chance to catch up ever now and then. I'm single (and a mother) dating is so hard for me to find the time much less a guy worth the time. My 5yr old doesn't even know she has a "dad" so all of her problems are my problems. She has been having some issues lately and resulted in her getting kicked out of daycare the week of Thanksgiving ever since I've been just finding care for her when I can and my new job has been very kind about it. I don't want to rush and put her in a new daycare just yet because I'm trying to figure out what if anything is really wrong and now to fix it. Lots of doc apts but no quick fixes yet. I tried having my 21 yr old niece move in with us and help me out as a nanny but that only lasted 3 weeks and now its pretty much put a wedge in the family. My older sister and I were on a family cell phone plan and today she tells me she is switching it on friday so I need to get on my own plan. Really great way to kick a girl while she is down.
I realize it does no good to tell anyone any of this and no one can say the right thing but writting it out sort of helped and if anything maybe we can have a pitty party for a moment because even if you can't relate to my problems at least I know I'm not the only one with problems and the feeling like I've got no one to help me with any of my problems (yes I am talking with a professional so don't worry about me just humor me)
199 here I come! 

melly37
on 1/25/12 5:53 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
You are right, there are no magic words, and none of us have the power to make your situation better, but sending good thoughts and hugs to you!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

mustangmama
on 1/25/12 6:01 am - TX
RNY on 01/03/12
I've been there and can so relate!!!

I've been raising my three children (ages 15, 15 and 12) alone since they were just toddlers.  Thier dad didn't see or even have much to do with them because he worked and lived in a different state, and even to this day, he rarely communicates with them.  

I traveled alot with my career, so my friends and colleagues are spread around the globe...really don't have too many close friends other than the friends I gained when meeting the love of my life 6 years ago.

What I've learned from over-the-years is one: never say never...and two, things always get better. 

You're life can change for the better in an instant, so don't give up!  It's great to write out your feelings as you've done because it'll enable you to strategize better when reflecting on all the issues at hand.

I'm glad you're talking to a professional and working to address whatever issues your daughter's encountering.  It's not easy being a single mom without a support group, but hang in there.  If you need someone to chat feel free to add me as a friend.

Hope things come together soon for you and your daughter.

Kim U.
on 1/25/12 6:27 am
Thank you! I know things will get better but its just been one of those months when just when I thought they were they are getting worst.
199 here I come! 

Dev *.
on 1/25/12 6:03 am - Austin, TX
If you are working for a fairly large employer they might have an EAP (employee assistance program). One of the services often available through EAP's is helping locating childcare services. Couldn't hurt to try it!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Kim U.
on 1/25/12 6:24 am
I am but they can't really help with my childcare until I figure out what is wrong with her.
199 here I come! 

thiknena19
on 1/25/12 6:11 am - bronx, NY
Hang in there girl, you are not the only one with problems- had surgery 4 months ago and my insurance is trying to drop me because i make too much money? when i barely can survive!!! hubby having problems with his business which puts him in a not so nice mood which puts alot on me! trying to get a better job because my boss is evil...So  lets have a pitty party woop woop~ Going to church later praying relaxes me :)

vlp1968
on 1/25/12 10:51 pm
That's great you expressed yourself in a post. There is something about writing or talking things out that is helpfull. Keep it up! If you don't already, you might want to start a journal to express your feelings. Hope things get better soon.
Most Active