Need to give band another chance

Teresa M.
on 2/6/12 5:42 pm, edited 2/6/12 5:45 pm - Lansing, KS
Had band placed in Feb 08. Lost 80 pounds then put 20 on. I need to lose 150 pounds. So I am going to give it another try.

vlp1968
on 2/6/12 8:29 pm
Good for you! So you gained a bit back, don't beat yourself up about it for sure. Your down 60 pounds! That's awsome!
cathiec
on 2/6/12 8:34 pm - Toms River, NJ
Great you have the right outlook I know I put on a few pounds and I know I can use my tool to help me Take one day at a time and think postive
Cathie

michele1
on 2/7/12 2:12 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Welcome my name is Michele and......I lost 90 and gained back 27......you are not alone!!!!

I and a few others have started back on track, some things I have done:

I joined the St. Patricks day weight loss challenge, I have resolved to come to this board every chance I get, I started tracking every bite of food, Started couch to 5K to get me into the gym and will try to post my daily food intake on the "what are you eating" post.....

Just know that you can do it, it seems to be harder for me this time because I don't have the restriction I had prior but I can't let myself get to where I was before....I refuse to gain the other 60 back..........

Join us to getting back on track!!!!

Michele
LauraP0909
on 2/7/12 6:01 am
Hi Michele! My name is Laura. My surgery was Jan 17th and I am one pound away from 30lbs :) I just read your post and seen that you wrote that "you don't have the restriction". Can't you have an adjustment? I will be getting my first adjustment in a few weeks.

michele1
on 2/7/12 7:32 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Hey Laura,

I had to have an unfill in November because I got too tight over time as per my surgeon (I think I had my first real stuck episode where the stoma was blocked).... I went back for a fill on 1/26 she put most back but I don't seem to have the restriction that I had prior. I had wanted just a little under my last fill level to stop the hunger......I hadn't been real hungry for over a 1 1/2 before the unfill.......

I want to wait a while before getting another fill and at least through TOM since restriction for me can sometimes vary day or week to week plus I never want to be too tight.

That is the great thing about the band, it is adjustable and if I find myself struggling too much to lose I can get another one!!!

You are doing great!! I was a very slow loser compared to most.......and are trying to get back the same motivation I had in the first year.

Michele
twocents
on 2/7/12 8:24 am, edited 2/7/12 8:25 am
I'm so glad I'm not alone.  I was banded in March 08 and i have recently gained 20 lbs back.  I feel like a failure right now. :-(

I too had to have a complete unfill because my band tightened on day and I wasn't able to eat much or anything.  Since then he has been really slow at adding back to my band.  I was at 4cc before my unfil and today i just had a 0.4 cc added so I am not up to 2ccs

I'm trying to "start over" so to speak.  I really wanna get these 20 lbs back off and then some.  I don't want to end up with all the weight I have lost right back on.  
Highest Weight 276
Consult 257
Day of Surgery 237
Current 213
Lowest 192
Personal Goal 160
Doctor's Goal 140
michele1
on 2/7/12 8:54 pm
Revision on 07/07/15
Oh, you most certainly aren't alone......too funny I weighed 254 and I did manage to get down to 163 :-(  Of course that wasn't my goal weight, I wanted to get to around 145-150 well needless to say I would give anything to be back to 163! When I do get back there I am going to consider it goal......I think never in my mind reaching goal had something to do with the regain....never really felt successful and felt like a failure for not reaching "my goal".... then of course to go back to the docs and pushing the 190's again .....humiliating.....

So it is going to be a long road for me, I only lose about a pound or a little over a week :-(  but I will get there.

We aren't going to let ourselves get back to where we where, it was finally nice before the gain to watch football and not weigh more than some of the players on the team LOL!!!!

I have learned not to rely so much on my band but at the same time realize how much I love it and don't even want to live without it........some help with volume and hunger is better than nothing.....I hate being hungry.......

Michele
1queenbee3
on 2/10/12 1:26 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Michele,

I know exactly what you're going through. I gained over 20 lbs last year and it was so hard to get it together so I could start losing the weight again.  I prayed so much for a change, but I still needed to take the first step to make better choices, as well as exercise.  Thank God  was able to lose the weight I gained.  Now I'm focusing on losing the last of the weight I need to to meet my goal.  Hopefully the St. Patty's Day challenge will help me stay motivated to continue to lose weight (I do love a good challenge:) )!

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

michele1
on 2/10/12 4:19 am
Revision on 07/07/15
Thanks dear, great to know that it can be done.....appreciate the support!
Most Active