Please tell me what it could be

ready43
on 2/21/12 5:45 pm
On Monday I ate a chicken leg.The meat was very moist and tender and I took small bites and took my time. Well about an hour later I threw it all up! I have never thrown up like that before. I didnt eat anything else that day I sipped on lemonade to help with the nausea. Now here it is almost 4am and I cannot sleep!! I keep slobbing and have really bad coughing episodes. Why is that? I cannot wait to 9am to call the Dr. Do you guys think my band slipped? I'm so scared I've never had this happen before.
NanaB.
on 2/21/12 7:06 pm, edited 2/21/12 7:10 pm
If this is an isolated incident, I doubt your band has slipped, WE do NOT know how tight your band is...so it's hard for us to diagnose your issues over the Internet.

That said, if you are being honest and this has not been happening frequently I doubt your band has slipped. But based on what you are telling us, YOUR BAND IS TOO TIGHT, I do know this.

When you mentioned you took your time eating very moist meat, this indicate your band is dangerously too tight to eat solid food, especially meat. I am not sure how long you've had your current fill adjustment, but you need to have a little taken out, but if you've been at this fill level for over 6 months, you probably need to have a larger amount taken out because your stomach tissues surrounding your band are obviously irritated and swollen, and if you DON'T get some saline removed YOUR BAND WILL SLIP...there are NO Ifs and Buts about it.

I would say go on liquids for a few days to calm things down, but you are just too tight and you will be harming your band if you don't. The thing is when you get an extremely tight fill, YOU CANNOT EAT SOLID FOOD, you will either have to puree your food and just do liquids until you lose most of your weight, and when you are done, YOU WILL HAVE TO GET AN UNFILL, you CANNOT LIVE ON A VERY TIGHT BAND AND EAT SOLID FOOD for long periods of time, it will NOT work without complications. Many people fail to understand this very well, this is why you get SO many complications with the band.

So many people fail to realize this, it's either a tight band and NO solid food, OR removing saline and eat a balance diet.

This is why the lap band IS ADJUSTABLE, many people UNFILL their bands when THEY WANT TO eat solid food or go on vacation to prevent complications.

Dark moist chicken is easier to eat than white dry chicken, if you can't eat dark moist chicken slowly your band is too tight, it's just that simple. In the meantime, you may want to sleep sitting up in a recliner and YES... you may need a "SPIT CUP" until you can get in to see your surgeon ASAP....I am going on 7 years post op, and I've been there where you are...but my band was saved with a URGENT unfill. Good luck.

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

ready43
on 2/22/12 8:44 am
Thank you so much NanaB. I did go to the Dr today,they removed my saline which was at 5cc in a 10cc band and gave me 3 cups of water to move the food and that did the trick! OMG!!! I felt an instant relief! Then she refilled it after about an to 4.9cc. I have been drinking liquids all day to help settle my stomach. Thank you so much for the information. I go back in 6 weeks so I hope everything is calm down for now :) I was banded 11/26/10 starting weight was 319lbs my weight today is 209lbs. I love my band and this has been the best thing to happen in my LIFE!
Bexie
on 2/21/12 9:34 pm - MO
You could also have a stomach flu. There is an evil one going around.
NanaB.
on 2/21/12 9:41 pm, edited 2/21/12 9:44 pm
Sorry...Bexie...I know you want to help..but this IS a lap band issue...and has nothing to do with stomach flu...stomach flu causes nausea and stomach craps and REAL vomiting....this is someone who's band is too tight and needs a UNFILL ASAP.

They are totally different issues.....

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

rebecca110
on 2/21/12 10:44 pm - Milledgeville, GA
I agree it is a lap band problem.  The pain you describe is an indicator. You probably still have some chicken caught above the band and the slime coming up your throat is an attempt to get it out. I have found when the band is too tight, I have lots of the slimy stuff in my throat.

Sleeping sitting up helps until you can get some relief.  When I needed an unfill, I had the same symptoms.  The problems  didn't go away immediately because I waited several weeks before going in.  I had gotten to the point I could not even drink water without pain because my espohagus etc had gotten irritated.  It took a couple more weeks to heal.

A friend gave me this suggestion which I used and it worked for me, but it is not medical advice, just an old wives tale for treatment of gerd.  Mix a few drops of vinegar and olive oil to make one tablespoon and sip on it.  It have me fast relief and helped the constipation that also had developed.

You probably are seeing the doctor already.  So, good luck.
ready43
on 2/22/12 8:47 am
Thanks for the advice Rebecca! I did get an unfill today and feel A LOT BETTER!
ready43
on 2/22/12 8:49 am
Thanks Bexie but like the other saud this was truley a band problem! I took care of it today and feel so much better. Thanks for taking time out to respond to me :)
Ann M.
on 2/22/12 3:49 am
Don't wait, go and get an unfill ASAP!  I'm speaking from experience.  Good luck to you!
Ann Marie

ready43
on 2/22/12 8:45 am
Thanks for the advise Ann Marie. I did get 1cc removed today. I can't wait to get some sleep. LBVS
Most Active