Pre-OP diet....Frustrated...

Tammy G.
on 3/8/12 10:19 pm - TX
Sorry deleted last post, messed up, but this is what it said... Good morning, I've been on the Atkins diet for 5 days now. Doing it exactly the way I'm supposed to, and I've only lost 1lbs. I thought for sure once I cut out all the fast food I would eat, and the calories I would have lost a little more than this. I eat maybe 1000 calories a day, which is a lot less than I used to. Now I'm concerned that after I get the band I won't lose...I know I'll be taking in even less calories maybe that'll do it. I guess I'm just frustrated cuz I'm eating a lot less and better foods and haven't seen any results yet. Maybe I'm just impatient

Dev *.
on 3/8/12 11:01 pm - Austin, TX
You're expecting kind of a lot from 5 days. Don't stress about it, some bodies take a bit longer to respond to changes like that.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Tammy G.
on 3/8/12 11:20 pm - TX
I know, my husband always tells me that I'm too impatient.  I guess I just needed somewhere to vent. I'm very anxious for the surgry though.

faithgirl140
on 3/9/12 1:06 am

I was on a liquid diet preop. Go to Sam's club and get the Jillian Michaels whey protein powder. Buy a Ninja blender at Sam's. Mix a cup of ice, cup of water, handful of frozen strawberries a little splenda and a small greek yogurt 100 cals. These shakes are so good! Drink them 3 times a day and you can have a plate of raw veggies with ranch. No carrots they have carbs. You can have crystal lite and sugar free popsicles. If you get a ninja go get some crushed ice and add margarita flavored crystal lite and viola a zero calorie drink so devine! You have got to be tough at this point. You need to rid your liver of fat so they can place your band. Your body will be detoxing and if you walk 2 miles a day while you are doing this the weight will start falling off. Take some diet pills to take the edge off and stay away from people eating. Do not go to any parties where people are going to be eating. Remember no more carbinated drinks forever! You will lose just cutting those out.  This is strict and tough but no more excuses! This will start transforming your body. Just remember we have all done this. Just take it one shake at a time. Let me help you! Lots of love and prayers going your way. email me if you need help www.lonestarwtx.com  Renea

Most Active