preop liquid stage..heeellpppp!

free4l1fe
on 3/21/12 2:06 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Ok I'm on day two of my preop liquid diet. I seriously cannot believe its only been 2days, it feels like at least a week.  I'm miserable. How the heck did everyone make it through this stage? Did you guys cheat at all? I just don't see how I'm going to make it. I'm dyyyiinngg for some coke. Can anyone else tell me how they made it through?

Thanks for letting me vent :)
Cathy B.
on 3/21/12 2:22 pm - Lutz, FL
Don't know how I did but my doc said I had to lose 23 lbs before he would do my surgery. I did eat some soups that had lots of beep broth in them and that helped a lot. I tried to get in as much protein and drank low carb shakes like low carb slim fast. Sugar free jello was my friend. I was on liquids for 2 wks prior and 4 wks after and no one could hardly believe it. My mind was so made up that I was going to make sure my liver shrunk. I had fatty liver and that was something that had to be done for surgery so I think flat out fear did it. Just keep hydrated and try to get plenty of protein. And remember if I can do it any one can!

free4l1fe
on 3/21/12 2:29 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Thank you for your response, I think I just need to feel that I'm not alone. I to have fatty liver and if  I don't reduce it's size he will cut me open rather than do it lapriscopicly which freaks me out. That is the only thing keeping me going. I need to get some jello, I didn't even think of that.

Thanks again!
Cathy B.
on 3/21/12 2:32 pm - Lutz, FL
We are all here for ya! No one else understands like a fellow bander! Glad that helped!

Betty J.
on 3/21/12 10:59 pm - Waterville, MN
REALIZE Band on 03/08/12
 sugar free jello that is.

I'm sorry about the coke part. I was a diet pepsi drinker and I cut way back when I started my 6 mth pre op visits. I used to drink 6-10 cans a day and then slowly I reduced it to one can a week prior to my pre op 2 week diet then I have not had any in 4 weeks. I didn't think i could go cold turkey as it was a way of life for me ( I always had a DP in my hand). so that is why I choose to slowly eliminate from my life. Good luck and YOU CAN DO IT. You are on your way to being more healthy and getting control of the ugly beast (weight) that has been riding our backs.

Heaviest wt. 235- surgery wt-203

(Fallen trying to get back on)      Current wt= 215.

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete        

StephanieMarie
on 3/21/12 3:59 pm
Lap Band on 03/22/12
 My surgery is for 6:30 am today and I did 6 full days of the liquid diet.. I don't know how I did it but I was determined.  I don't know how much weight I lost but I know I did..  My stomach has gone down in size and my pants are bigger on me.. After day one it's  simple..  I ate sugar free jello, broth soups, whey protein shakes, sugar free Popsicles and crystal light.. Good luck I know you can do it!  
Betty J.
on 3/21/12 11:01 pm - Waterville, MN
REALIZE Band on 03/08/12
 good luck Steph!!!!!!!!

Heaviest wt. 235- surgery wt-203

(Fallen trying to get back on)      Current wt= 215.

Edit   Delete  

Edit   Delete        

hopeful and happy
on 3/22/12 1:54 am - Skinnytown, MA
I can't comment on the pre-op liquid part, because, luckily I didn't have to do it for more than a day. However, I was a diet coke FREAK, and drank at least a 2 liter bottle a day. I tried hard to give it up before surgery, and did okay (not perfect), but after surgery it was the easiest thing in the world to cut out. The bubbles made me feel ill and the taste was suddenly sickly sweet. I have not had even a sip in over 2 years and I promise you that even the thught makes me gag a little! Blech.

Good luck with everything! It will be an amazing transformation and worth every little bit of this short term uncomfort :)

Nikki C.
on 3/22/12 5:27 am - Gaithersburg, MD
I have a blog and wrote down everyday of my 14 day liquid diet.  I kicked and screamed the whole way and did not cheat but I was miserable as hell! 

I just re-read my posts the other day and was like woah!  I don't know how I did it but I did!  

Good luck!  If you want to read mine they are from August and September of 2009 in my archives.  

free4l1fe
on 3/22/12 6:17 am - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 Thank you all for such supporting responses. I hope coke will gross me out to :).

I'm going to go read your 14 day diet blog, I'm sure there will be a lot for me to relate to.

you guys are all doing so well, I can't wait for that stage!
Most Active